Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading alot of these messages, I've realized that not only do we suffer from IBs, but many other things too. I have panic disorder, a hiatel hernia and IBS. Fun eh?? It seems when I got my first panic attack last year, I developed IBS...you know, abdominal cramps and feeling like my lower bowel region was tied in a giant knot. Then again, I spent a good 6 months to a year constantly worried about suffering another attack, making me constantly tense..causing alot of pressure on my abdomen.For all you people who talk about chest pains, I have to admit that whenever my IBS flares up, my hiatel hernia get's worse causing alot of acid reflux resulting in funny feelings in my chest, including pains. For all you people who have bouts of D during anxiety...this is normal cause your digestive track shuts down during a panic attack, and of course we all know when we are nervous it leads to this. I don't know why exactly I'm explaining all this, especially since most of you know everything already.My IBS only flares up once a month or so, so I am lucky in that sense. But when it comes, it comes with a vengence! I guess I just wanted you all to know that I understand what you all go through, and I am here understanding all of you who question chest pains, panick attacks, and ultimately IBS. I know IBS has alot to do with what we eat, and what we eat it with. I really don't think it's a huge medical problem that always needs drugs to solve it....I think it has everything to do with allergies, diet, lack of exercise, etc. I may be wrong, but I wonder what some of you think? Also, does anyone have any quick remedies for IBS? I have to refill my perscription and I currently feel as though my intestines and bowels are constricting into a giant knot!! Help!

·
Registered
824 Posts
You're right, of course. I have a whole host of minor ailments, none of which purportedly have anything to do with each other, but I get one, I get them all. I have IBS, PMS, non-allergic rhinitis and athsma. I suspect the "non-allergic upper respiratory" ones are even more of a cop-out than IBS... at least my GI is willing to admit that IBS is a catch-all after the "serious" stuff has been ruled out; my allergist just blindly believes in his tests and says that since I don't test allergic (on a test with a 50% success rate!) that my symptoms are "non=allergic". What an idiot.------------------JennT

·
Registered
423 Posts
I think most of us have a bunch of stuff not quite right with our bodies. The trouble with IBS is if I'm having PMS or other problems, it make my IBS worse. Even if I get sick and the doctor puts me on medicine, my IBS can do all sorts of strange stuff. Plus any other stress your body is under will make the IBS worse.JennT, I just got the same non-allergic rhinitis diagnosis. I was so delighted to be given another catch all diagnosis where all the doctors could do was treat the symptoms. At least the doctor could see and agree my sinuses were inflamed unlike IBS symptoms where they think its in your head.P.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts