Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so glad to have found this site and I know will spend hours reading posts and seeing that I'm not alone. I've had IBS-D for probably about 20 years but it would flare up for a week or so and then calm down. This particular flare up I'm having now has lasted on towards 2 months. Do other people experience this? Will it ever end?Also - I always have diarrhea (you'd think I'd know how to spell it after 20 years!) right after I eat and then 5 more times at least. First bowel movement in the morning is often normal. Does this sound like other people?2 months of diarrhea every single day is wearing me down. I know I'll post more and I'll read more when I have time. I'm very glad to have found this site!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am so glad to have found this site and I know will spend hours reading posts and seeing that I'm not alone. I've had IBS-D for probably about 20 years but it would flare up for a week or so and then calm down. This particular flare up I'm having now has lasted on towards 2 months. Do other people experience this? Will it ever end?Also - I always have diarrhea (you'd think I'd know how to spell it after 20 years!) right after I eat and then 5 more times at least. First bowel movement in the morning is often normal. Does this sound like other people?2 months of diarrhea every single day is wearing me down. I know I'll post more and I'll read more when I have time. I'm very glad to have found this site!
Betty - I so sorry that you feel so terrible. Yes, diarrhea can last that long. 30 years ago was my initial bout and the diarrhea lasted 7 weeks. I felt so horrible. At that time, we didn't know what it was, but after many tests at the Mayo Clinic, I was given the diagnosis of IBS-D. I have had many flare ups along the way, but just last month, it really exploded (no pun intended.) It lasted 5 weeks, every day, especially in the morning. Finally with Benefiber and Caltrate, it is mostly under control. One thing I have learned during these many years, is that it will get better, eventually. Just hang in there, and know that you probably won't have to diet for a while.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
After meals is a common diarrhea time as is morning. Depends on how your bowels are reacting to the "move it along" signals. I found I had more trouble with the after meal increase in colon activity more than the morning increase in colon activity. Everyone's colon is more active at those times, just IBSers tend to have more symptoms when the colon is more active.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hiya, sorry, I did try to reply to you but i'm new also and having trouble working this site out...I have a thread anyway, if you want to have a look. You're not alone!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.