Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this board, I will need help with this group. I am a diabetic and have gastroperisis on top of the IBS and find it difficult ot find a stable diet. Doe anyone else have and of this problem.ann

·
Registered
235 Posts
Welcome to the board...hope you can find some anwers here. I myself know very little about a special diet, etc. for diabetics. All I know is diet must play a very important part in IBS as well in persons who do NOT have diabetes...but I don't know if there is really a clear cut pattern as to what to eat for those persons either. It would be difficult to answer for anyone whether diabetic or not.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I'm sorry I can't answer your question, but welcome to the BB. There should be someone who knows.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have one question, and one suggestion. Are you IBS-D (diarrhea predominant), or IBS-C (constipation predominant). Knowing your type will help you explore dietary solutions. There's a great book with a title something like "Your First Year with IBS". You can find it on the book list contained on this website. I found that book very helpful, even though I've only just now read it after 10 years with IBS. Having a good GI doctor is also really important . . . one that will talk with you at length about your symptoms, and will help you systematically explore different treatment options. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.