Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,I am new to this and learning alot from the stories. I have had on going symptoms I believe to be from ibs since my appendix surgery in July. My doctor would not label me with ibs yet, wanted to see if things would clear up.I seem to get a burning sensation in my right side when i exercise and alot of gurgling on that side, does anyone else have simular symptoms, and I hate to ask but how many times a day do people frequent the bathroom, I am usually 3 to sometimes 4. I am not sure if it is a mild case or not. Mostly loose stools and occasional diahrea.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Normal range is up to 3X a day so some people without IBS go that much.It could be fallout from the surgery, although some people can trace back the beginning of IBS to a surgery. More commonly they can trace it to a GI infection, and I am not sure if the appendix would cause the same sort of inflamation related damage or not.You might see if a soluble fiber supplement (or increasing foods with soluble fiber) helps. Sometimes that will sop up the excess water. Some people here also use calcium supplement (Calcium carbonate usually 300-600 mgs with each meal) can firm up the stools.You might also try a probiotic, especially if they had you on antibiotics for this. Sometimes the bugs that re-colonize you after the antibiotics reduce the number of bacteria in the colon don't get along with you as well as the ones you had before. Probiotic bacteria (a promising one with some clinical testing with IBSers is http://www.aligngi.com ) sometimes helps with these sorts of things.K.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
HI Chipper and welcome. Sorry to hear you might have IBS but this place is great if you do.Alot of suport.Take careKat

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Hi chipper and welcome

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.