Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, hope everyone is well on this sunday evening. I'm a new member to your forums and just found them via a google search for IBS forums. I've just been diagnosed with IBS. My backstory is interesting as I did not have IBS up until about 4 years ago when a drug overdose landed me in the hospital E.R. and ever since then I've been consumed and anxious about my stomach "issues". I now realize that it is indeed IBS and am starting to establish a diet that is right for me, of course this comes through the wonderful process of trial and error.
I hope to become and active member of your community and learn from all of your experiences here. I have been reading the forums slowly but surely and have already found some useful advise for this condition that just consumes me. All my previous doctors were tossing me SSRI's that would just make my symptoms worse or ant-acid medication that really didn't help my issue. I've been through the burning sensations in my gut, to the nausea and weird sweats from constipation and dehydration from diarhea and know from experience that all this compounds together when the stress of a social event or meeting becomes apparant.Welp, I guess I've rambled on for long enough. Hope to get to chat to all of you.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hi! Welcome to the boards. Well it sounds like you alternate (isn't it great?!?! You get the best of both IBS worlds
). Glad you found us and have already found so much helpful info! See you around and look forward to getting to know you

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heh, yeah, the best of both worlds, eh? The struggle to figure it out sucked. I took metamucil or fiber when I was constipated only to make me more constipated and then my family and friends would call out a search party after that only to find out I was in the bathroom the last 36 hours..ahh, yes...the fun of IBS is endless my friends!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
HI and welcome. You will get allot of suport here, alot of info and most of all allot of peeps who care and know what you are giong through, and that is wonderful. To be able to talk to others who know where you are coming from. SO welcome againKat

·
Registered
238 Posts
quote:Originally posted by totalkonfuzion:Heh, yeah, the best of both worlds, eh? The struggle to figure it out sucked. I took metamucil or fiber when I was constipated only to make me more constipated and then my family and friends would call out a search party after that only to find out I was in the bathroom the last 36 hours..ahh, yes...the fun of IBS is endless my friends!
Actually, Metamucil and soluble fiber should help clear IBS-C. I take about 8 FIBERCONS a day, plus Acacia and Metamucil, just to keep myself stable from IBS-C and IBS-D. Read the book IBS-THE FIRST YEAR by Heather Von Vorous - it is pretty good on covering D and C treatments. I don't have a problem with either any more, but there were times I'd get so distressed over IBS-C that I'd take a ripe banana, lube it up with crisco and insert....well, you can guess the rest, using it sort of as a plunger. But, by golly, it worked! It would get those old engines churning inside. Then when I was done, I could wipe off the banana and put it back in the salad bowl without anyone noticing (NOT!)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply kitkat17! I really do hope that I'll gain a lot of information here. It's all I can do at this point. Medications and doctors will help but to be informed is your best weapon against IBS. Once again, thank you for the warm welcome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.