Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! My name is KC. I am a full time student of Justice Studies in Arizona. I love video games, my favorites being World of Warcraft and Guitar Hero.Let's see...I've had gastrointestinal issues my entire life. The severe stomach pain, cramping, diarrhea, nausea, bloating, painful gas, yadda yadda. Mostly it's the cramping, pooping, and pain that I have all the time. What's even more lovely is feeling like I have really bad diarrhea all the time but I actually don't...like I run to the bathroom and nothing. :(It really sucks especially the nights it wakes me up at 3 in the morning with the worst cramping pain ever and terrible diarrhea.After testing for Celiac and Crohn's, my gastroenterologist has decided that I have severe IBS. Just this morning he said that its the most extreme case of IBS he has seen. It really sucks. I hate whenever I go to the GI doc and he prods my stomach. It hurts so freaking bad and it is so uncomfortable. Bleck...The last test I will be getting is a small bowel follow through. I have had an endoscopy and colonoscopy and my biopsies have been negative for Celiac and Crohn's. We are just ruling everything out to be safe.I have been to the ER several times because the pain gets so bad. The last two times they were pretty sure it was Crohn's, but so far it doesn't look like anything is inflamed or structurally defective. I had a ct scan during my last visit to the ER and they found bowel retention and a few other things, but I guess its nothing too important.I just started Hyoscyamine. This is the second day I've been on it and don't see a difference yet. I hope I can find something that will help.I look forward to meeting all of you. It's really hard when you feel like you are the only person that feels like this. I get so angry and jealous sometimes. Angry that I have to deal with the pain and other nasty things. Jealous of people with normal GI systems. It's frustrating and I don't feel like some people can completely understand what its like.This is running a little long so I guess you will all just have to talk to me and get to know me!

·
Registered
162 Posts
pewpewlasers- welcome to the forum! your not alone mate you will find alot of people with you symptoms =) x

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Hi PPL,For what it is worth, I have been able to eliminate my D for over 10 years with a flavonoid supplement, Provex CV, which seems to have anti-inflammatory effects maybe specific to the colon, along with its anti-oxidative strengths. While I was always on the discomfort end of the pain scale, another (ex) member of this Board has used the same supplement for about 5 years to control not only her D but also a level of pain she compared to childbirth. (In neither of our cases have doctors ever discovered inflammation markers.) If you reach the point where nothing you are getting from the doctor touches these problems, it might be worth a trial.Welcome to our (disfunctional) family.Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts