Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYIDo you have IBS? Participate from home in a research study testing new questionnaires to evaluate medical symptoms and conditions common in IBS sufferers. Now Enrolling Individuals with IBS Across the U.S. UNC Center for Functional GI & Motility Disorders at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is conducting a pilot study testing two new questionnaires to assess what medical conditions and symptoms are common in patients with irritable bowel syndrome. Study Title: Psychometric Evaluation of the CCQ and RPSQ. Principal Investigator: William E. Whitehead, Ph.D. Co-investigators: Olafur S. Palsson, Psy.D. Kenneth R. Jones, Ph.D. Douglas A. Drossman, M.D. Study Description: Potential participants will complete questionnaires online (using only an ID number so no personal information submitted online can be tracked to individuals). Individuals who meet the study criteria will be invited to participate and will be mailed two sets of questionnaires to complete at home, two weeks apart. Participants will receive $25 for completing the study. A total of 50 people will complete participation in the study. No clinic visits are required in this study, IBS sufferers nationwide are invited to enroll. To participate, you must have been diagnosed with IBS by a physician At least 18 years old Speak English as your primary language. If you are interested in participating in this study, please click "how to sign up" below to learn if you meet the criteria for participating and to sign up for the study online: Here is the link to the page to sign up. http://www.med.unc.edu/medicine/fgidc/homestudy.htm ------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forum.I work with Mike building his websites. www.ibsaudioprogram and www.healthyaudio.com I also work with Mike in IBS clinical trials using Mikes tapes at an IBS research facility.My own website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com Please visit for accurate information on IBS.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hold up on this for a bit before signing up. This is a questionaire study. I am on the phone with them and will get right back to this.------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forum.I work with Mike building his websites. www.ibsaudioprogram and www.healthyaudio.com I also work with Mike in IBS clinical trials using Mikes tapes at an IBS research facility.My own website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com Please visit for accurate information on IBS.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hold up on this for a bit before signing up. This is a questionaire study. I am on the phone with them and will get right back to this.------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forum.I work with Mike building his websites. www.ibsaudioprogram and www.healthyaudio.com I also work with Mike in IBS clinical trials using Mikes tapes at an IBS research facility.My own website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com Please visit for accurate information on IBS.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay were all good. This is a questionaire study you can do from home online.
------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forum.I work with Mike building his websites. www.ibsaudioprogram and www.healthyaudio.com I also work with Mike in IBS clinical trials using Mikes tapes at an IBS research facility.My own website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com Please visit for accurate information on IBS.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay were all good. This is a questionaire study you can do from home online.
------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forum.I work with Mike building his websites. www.ibsaudioprogram and www.healthyaudio.com I also work with Mike in IBS clinical trials using Mikes tapes at an IBS research facility.My own website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com Please visit for accurate information on IBS.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone sign up for this? UNC is the top IBS research center in the country?------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forum.I work with Mike building his websites. www.ibsaudioprogram and www.healthyaudio.com I also work with Mike in IBS clinical trials using Mikes tapes at an IBS research facility.My own website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com Please visit for accurate information on IBS.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone sign up for this? UNC is the top IBS research center in the country?------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forum.I work with Mike building his websites. www.ibsaudioprogram and www.healthyaudio.com I also work with Mike in IBS clinical trials using Mikes tapes at an IBS research facility.My own website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com Please visit for accurate information on IBS.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hold on this its still not working right. ------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forum.I work with Mike building his websites. www.ibsaudioprogram and www.healthyaudio.com I also work with Mike in IBS clinical trials using Mikes tapes at an IBS research facility.My own website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com Please visit for accurate information on IBS.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hold on this its still not working right. ------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forum.I work with Mike building his websites. www.ibsaudioprogram and www.healthyaudio.com I also work with Mike in IBS clinical trials using Mikes tapes at an IBS research facility.My own website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com Please visit for accurate information on IBS.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay, this is going to be tomorrow before its fixed. Also, this is not a study on hypnosis, there will be one, but this is just a questionaire for IBS study. I will have them fix this and repost tomorrow. They are out of the office now.Thanks and sorry.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay, this is going to be tomorrow before its fixed. Also, this is not a study on hypnosis, there will be one, but this is just a questionaire for IBS study. I will have them fix this and repost tomorrow. They are out of the office now.Thanks and sorry.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was trying to complete the questionaire but it seems to have a question lacking which will not allow me to complete it. Anyone else experience this. It keeps telling me to complete the question regarding experience with hypnosis but there is no question about it - been through it twice.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was trying to complete the questionaire but it seems to have a question lacking which will not allow me to complete it. Anyone else experience this. It keeps telling me to complete the question regarding experience with hypnosis but there is no question about it - been through it twice.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.