Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, I just found out from my Dr. that they just came out with new research study that (Carbohydrates) are a leading link to IBS. I nor could he pronounce the dr.'s last name, but he's gonna get it for me and I'll pass it on to ya'll. hey, any little bit helps right?also that fried foods, and preservitives, also you might be careful of MSG( monosodium glutimate) found in a lot of foods like chineese, potato chips. just read the labels on food, you'll find it. And also alot of your gravies( unless made from scratch) have msg also! remember too, that when reading your food labels, that the first ingrediants are the whats most in the food. hopes this helps.

·
Registered
728 Posts
David - please post this when you get it. I am very interested in this topic (the carbo one.)I have found, through trial and error of my own, that a low carb diet for me has greatly relieved my ibs symptoms. I want to see the ressearch! Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One way to gain back that twenty pounds of flesh is by not believing everything you read deary. Go for the healthy carbohydrates which your digestive system can handle. I gained 12lbs in the past 2 months but I've lost a few recently after a minor bout. When my stomach acts up I get kind of depressed and subsequently eat less. Other people get depressed and eat more...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
David-Please let us know what you can about this study.Like Lefty,I have found that lowering my Carbos has helped tremendously.I'll be glad to see some validation of this.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello everyoneI am just new to this board as well as newly diagnosed with IBS. I am working at it slowly. I just learned of this low carb. diet. It is from a book called "Breaking the Vicious Cycle" written by Elaine Gottschall B.A.,M.Sc. I am just reading it now. Apparently you have to follow this diet 100% or it will not work. I am not sure if I can give it all up and live on homemade yogurt yet. Hope this is helpful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.