Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All food brings pain from my sigmoid colon up my entire right side. I have an affair to go to this evening 10/29. I also wake up in intense pain and am becoming a drug addict.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
When you eat the colon wakes up, gastrocolonic response, so does this mean you could have a partial obstruction? Can't say. You could have eat and then immediately have an x-ray when this pain occurs and see if that sees anything.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guess what? Have had stomach exrays--no blockage. By the way, hydocodone doesn't work so I only took one for my affair last night. Get small bowel study next friday (barium swallow) and nov. 17 gastric emptying tests (am allowed to use suppositories--Dr. Miller of Temple said so. He also said drink citrate of magnesia after the barium study).

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:Have had stomach exrays--no blockage
OK, let's see what scintigraphy shows.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
had colonoscopy 3/31/01 amd sigmoidscopy 3/03/ In 3/03. there was "no reason" to use supppositories (was down to one)

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are you in pain or just stuffed up?

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Hi. I don't know. I just know that I've been in more pain than usual, all over, because of my dysregulation of calcium/mg caused by an overactive parathyroid gland. Are you taking a good balance of ca/mg?You said you are on a lot of meds too. Meds can do funky things too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts