Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For many years, I had IBS with frequent loose BMs (not diarrhea) and incomplete elimination as the primary symptom. I've been following the SCD and FODMAP diets for awhile. I've gone from 3- 6 BMS in the morning to 1 or 2, but now they are very reluctant to get started in passing. I feel an urgency to go, but end up sitting for 20 minutes on the toilet without success. Finally, I give up because my legs fall asleep LOL! Then I go back in again because it feels so urgent, and repeat several times before I have success. It feels like the stool will be as hard as a rock, but when it finally comes out, it's mush! Any ideas what might be going on??? Damn IBS!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've had similar symptoms at times but no idea and all the doctors will say is it sounds like IBS. If I feel the urge I go sit on the toilet just in case but if nothing comes out after a couple of minutes I get off as found out the hard way that if I sit there too long and/or strain it gets stuck half way - not pleasant.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've had similar symptoms at times but no idea and all the doctors will say is it sounds like IBS. If I feel the urge I go sit on the toilet just in case but if nothing comes out after a couple of minutes I get off as found out the hard way that if I sit there too long and/or strain it gets stuck half way - not pleasant.
I know the feeling very well. When will the tissue paper ever come out white?

·
Registered
28 Posts
lol, I know what you mean about the loo paper.

Going to the toilet with IBS is a bit like Forrest Gump's mom and her box of chocolates - you never know what you're going to get.
In my case, I just need to be far more rigorous which what I eat. My food diaries are full of stupid, stupid foods. If I could be a bit kinder to myself then I'd be ok.

But I'm getting there :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello. I think I already experienced that symptom. I always associate that to the IBS, not to anything more specific...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts