Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all. i been having some weird stomach things latley that dont fit into my ibs or my panic disorder but have a bit of both sides. i was wondering if you guys might know more or heard some about this.i usualy have ibs D but also get D with my panic attacks.what i get now is a hot flash, almost like the start of a panic attack and lots of gurgling and bloating in my stamach.i also feel nauseiated. somtimes the cramps get so bad i shake in my legs and then i get a real panic attack.any help would be great.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I too am having similar symptoms. I get hot flashes, feel very nauseated etc. and also my stomach is in constant agitation. Is there any medication to combat this. Please help and adivise. Because I am female - these conditions also point to ovarian cancer - which gives me no feeling of comfort.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sarong, i wouldnt jump to conclusions likethat.but i know how you feel. i tend to worry alot too.manly if ill get another panic attack and i have learned that thinking about them just triggers them.as for meds or advice,we need some.thanks ,george

·
Registered
5 Posts
I get the same thing. I have a panic disorder and I tend to freak out if im nauseous. Its a vicious cycle with ibs. i get really hot and dizzy then nauseous and i start to shake all over then i usually have a few bouts with D. what i found really helps for me is deep breathing and walking. i mean walking in the moment of the attack.. just try to walk at a good pace so that ur actually burning some energy. i tend to walk up and down that stairs in my house. and i count the steps to keep my mind on something else. usually ill stop in the bathroom bc of the D but i just keep walking some times it takes 10 minutes sometimes an hour. i dont know if its just weird, but it really helps me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
so panic disorders are a common relation with ibs/gastro problems? Ive had a panic disorder since 1996, it is an underlying thing most times but when I get these bouts of pain and stuff then I have a major one cuz I can't breathe (I also have asthma and it freaks me out when my chest hurts) is this common also?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tiredofsuffering..im sure with our panic attacks anything is possible.im trying to muster up the nerve today to go out and have some fun but i can feel a panic attack just waiting.im trying to talk myself out of it, hope it works.snt22782 i heard that breathing is good but not over do it as it can cause you to hyperventalate.you need to breath deep and slow which is hard for me because im so tense.the walking thing sounds like a good idea.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i learned this deep breathing technique in a class once so i keep the breath for long almost till i feel it all the way in my stomach and then let go thru my mouth with my lips still together so you let it go really slow. i try in anway to keep my mind off the tingly panic feeling if its my just reciting some lines to a song or counting. i dont know i just know its the worst feeling ever.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
snt22782 i know what you mean about the tingly panic feeling. i get that, then real hot flashes and some more tingles and then my heart races and i get nauseiated.i also get tunnel vision.i focus on one thing but its like im not staring at anything.whats your guys's like if you dont mind me asking.thanks george

·
Registered
5 Posts
panic attacks are awful and they run a vicious cycle with ibs. i usually get panicked if im out to eat with friends or sometimes when im in a lab or class. although i dont think panic attacks will ever go away, but i learned through practice how to deal with them. hey i even made it all the way to med school. it really helps me to hear that im not alone. when i first started suffering from ibs and panic attacks i thought i was the only one.. just have faith that this too will pass. i tried the regular medications but felt they mostly made me nauseous. i take a half or a full klonopin as soon as the panic attack starts or right before if i feel im getting panicky. try your best not to let it ruin ur life the more you go out and do even when ur fearful about panic attacks or diaherra the better you will feel.. keep me posted twiseted and dont worry ur not alone

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i was on the road to recovery of painic attacks awhile back.everything was going great.didnt affect me much at all.now since about two years agod it has gotten alot worste.somtimes i do think its gonna take over my life but i try to not let it.thanks for all your advice.

·
Registered
686 Posts
i get really bad hot flashes and at times i feel so hot and i feel i can hardly breath, im not sure if this is connected to my ibs or the hysterectomy i had years ago, i get real panicky and my heart is doing ten to the dozen, i am being plagued with indigestion lately and the gaviscon liquid is not touching it
i just wish that ibs was just that...your bowel being irritable but theres so much more symptoms to cope with that coping can be very hard.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Twisted,I can relate to the panic attacks and hot flashes. Those are my sign that I'm about to have an IBS bout. Specially if I get a weird chill down my spine. Taking my meds the second I feel that sign keeps me from having an IBS bout.I live with nausea mainly from my reflux, thankfully my meds keep it under control for the most part along with eating a strict diet.

·
Registered
888 Posts
i never realised what i was having with the diahoea was a panic attack.i get hot, sweaty, feel like im going to vomit or pass out. i too concentrate on breathing. the hard bit is afterwards...im left so shaken. i used to be able to shrug it off with the anti depressants but now i dont think they're working. just had an attack and im still shaking.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.