Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, virtually all of my symptoms up to this point (I was diagnosed back April of this year) have been due to bacterial overgrowth, and they've been mostly mild, occasionally ranging into the "moderate zone". My main issues were bloating (my worst symptom), chronic D (more like soft, sticky, unformed stool), and incomplete evacuation. I have some postprandial abdominal cramping, but nothing really painful. The past few days have been considerably different and I'm not sure if what I'm experiencing is due to IBS/SIBO, or an unrelated issue.On Wednesday morning I was woken up at 3:30am with painful abdominal cramps, and an urgency to get to the bathroom. This has never happened before. Once I got to the bathroom I couldn't go, so I went back to sleep. At 6:00am I had diarrhea (more severe D than usual), but it was very difficult to pass. I felt better so I went to work... about midway through my workday I had to go home due to more painful cramping. Once I got home I had 2 more bouts of the "hard to pass" D. Thursday was a relatively "normal" day until I ate dinner. About 2 hours after I ate dinner I felt nauseous and vomited (again, this has never happened before). The vomit was not at all acidic (felt like I was vomiting up pure water). Friday I woke up and had a very small amount of D again (very difficult to pass, I barely went to the bathroom that day)...similar to that on Wednesday, but now it has this extremely strange, "fishy" odor (sorry for the TMI- I know it's gross). This morning was the same thing, only in larger quantities. It's happened twice so far today (with the same strange odor).I have no temperature, no nausea (other than that one time), and I feel generally fine otherwise, although a bit fatigued and "run down" feeling...What I'm wondering is if this is my IBS turning the corner in a new (and more aggravating) direction, or if it could be something else entirely like a GI bug or some sort of food poisoning? I can't think of anything I ate that seemed bad, but it's possible. Anybody else have these symptoms ever?

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Ya know this really sounds more like a slight stomach bug or virus more than IBS. Not ALL viruses have fevers with them. But just keep tabs on your symptoms and if anything drastically changes... then you might want to give your Dr. a call.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking BQ. Yesterday was relatively normal, but this morning the cramps and D are back... my throat is also scratchy, so it's probably a virus of some kind.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Hope you feel better soon!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts