Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone out can relate to my current problem. The Dr has decided that I have IBS after several tests returning negative back in '95. I have since suffered with D and neausea, etc. since this time. But recently, I have had almost no D and little pinches of pain around my middle back around to my upper tummy area, I have quite a bit of neasea first thing in the morning and just before bed almost every night for the past couple months? Dr ran random blood work, and gallbladder ultrasound, nothing shows, I'm wondering if anyone out there has similar problems, or I'm also wondering if it kidney related?

·
Registered
244 Posts
i can relate. i used to have horrible nausea at night when i would lay down to go to bed - so much i felt like the room was spinning. my lower back kinda spasms sometimes and my stomach pains occur from left to right sometimes worse than others. the nausea has stopped on its own, i don't know why - maybe my meds, i take hycosamine and lexapro at night. if you've had blood work done - they probably have checked kidney function - or maybe a urine sample?

·
Registered
244 Posts
i can relate. i used to have horrible nausea at night when i would lay down to go to bed - so much i felt like the room was spinning. my lower back kinda spasms sometimes and my stomach pains occur from left to right sometimes worse than others. the nausea has stopped on its own, i don't know why - maybe my meds, i take hycosamine and lexapro at night. if you've had blood work done - they probably have checked kidney function - or maybe a urine sample?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your replies, I am greatful, I have not spoken with anyone who can relate to my illness until I found this site. I didn't know existed. Just by reading other people's input, I also found out I'm not alone when it comes to having anxiety with my flare ups as well. I thought I was going crazy!! I never knew what anxiety was until I fell prey to this horrid disease!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your replies, I am greatful, I have not spoken with anyone who can relate to my illness until I found this site. I didn't know existed. Just by reading other people's input, I also found out I'm not alone when it comes to having anxiety with my flare ups as well. I thought I was going crazy!! I never knew what anxiety was until I fell prey to this horrid disease!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am so thankful for this site. It's been a blessing to me. I thought I was alone on this IBS boat. Here I found people that are going through the same daily ordeal. Beleive me, I don't want to get up in the morning. Nausea, migraine headaches, dizziness, fatigue, diarrhea, chest pain, upper abdominal pain that radiates to the mid-back and dehydration. I feel terrible. Thanks for listening and for being so understanding!Today I bought calcium to see if it helps with the diarrhea.Will let you all know.God Bless!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am so thankful for this site. It's been a blessing to me. I thought I was alone on this IBS boat. Here I found people that are going through the same daily ordeal. Beleive me, I don't want to get up in the morning. Nausea, migraine headaches, dizziness, fatigue, diarrhea, chest pain, upper abdominal pain that radiates to the mid-back and dehydration. I feel terrible. Thanks for listening and for being so understanding!Today I bought calcium to see if it helps with the diarrhea.Will let you all know.God Bless!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes, I have and do still get the same symptoms as you described. It was so bad one time my doctor thought I had a kindey infection, because of where I was pointing to. Its horrible how our symptoms lead to the worse symptoms of other complications, ex: apenditis, which i thought i had and was rushed to the ER.Do not worry we are all in this together, Ive been on and off this site for 3 years, and even though I may not have posted alot, You guys still brought me hope that someday I would recover, as I hope to do. I was only 17 when diagnosed and I was on this site all the time reading, and sometimes posting. It helped the pain and gave me a way to talk about something others around me knew nothing of.Well I am back and ready to post and answer!Mel

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes, I have and do still get the same symptoms as you described. It was so bad one time my doctor thought I had a kindey infection, because of where I was pointing to. Its horrible how our symptoms lead to the worse symptoms of other complications, ex: apenditis, which i thought i had and was rushed to the ER.Do not worry we are all in this together, Ive been on and off this site for 3 years, and even though I may not have posted alot, You guys still brought me hope that someday I would recover, as I hope to do. I was only 17 when diagnosed and I was on this site all the time reading, and sometimes posting. It helped the pain and gave me a way to talk about something others around me knew nothing of.Well I am back and ready to post and answer!Mel

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bkitepilot, in response to your question, the dr did run a blood test looking for I think a bacteria or something in regard to an ulcer. But I did not have a scope down to my stomach or anything. I wonder If I need that test to find out if it is an ulcer? I'm also a little worried that my symtoms of years of D has suddenly changed to more or less C!! I don't understand that part? I'm wondering if it is still part of my IBS since I only suffered with D all this time until now?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bkitepilot, in response to your question, the dr did run a blood test looking for I think a bacteria or something in regard to an ulcer. But I did not have a scope down to my stomach or anything. I wonder If I need that test to find out if it is an ulcer? I'm also a little worried that my symtoms of years of D has suddenly changed to more or less C!! I don't understand that part? I'm wondering if it is still part of my IBS since I only suffered with D all this time until now?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.