Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't really know where to begin with this. First off I guess, I've never actually been diagnosed with chronic constipation or IBS, but I know something is very very wrong with me. I ALWAYS need to go to the bathroom (#2). I always feel backed up, constipated etc.. Whenever I eat, or drink. Whatever. I go up to 10 times a day, large amounts, small amounts, purely liquid forms.. it's disgusting and painful. I spend HOURS every day just simply going to the toilet. I have no life as a result.But on top of that, I actually can not go normally. I don't even know what a regular bowel movement feels like. I can't even remember going naturally, it would have been when I was a kid. I have to use coffee, tea, vitamin C, orange juice, diet coke etc basically as laxatives and then stand outside in the freezing cold and smoke up to 3 cigarettes at a time (until I feel faint/nauseas) to irritate my bowel enough to be able to get anything out. I can't even remember when I first noticed that it worked, but now it's such a permanent habit I can't go any other way.I've just recently been given Movicol by my father (a doctor) after I finally broke down and told him my problem. He is going to be sending me to a Gastro but that's not until 30th of July and I don't know how much longer I can live like this.I eat EXTREMELY healthy, lots of fruit and veg and wholegrain etc and I exercise obsessively. I don't understand why my bowel is broken. I also worry that this problem could have arisen from a digestive problem. I suffered from bulimia for several several years and I also have bad anxiety, so I think these could have led to food never digesting properly and therefore my extreme bowel dysfunction.I just don't know what to do anymore. This Movicol doesn't even seem to do anything. My body seems to reject everything (including panadol).. I've tried Benefiber.. everything.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.