Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a 39 yr old female who has had stomach issues for years. I had a colonoscopy last week with 8 biopsies. The nurse called me this morning and said all biopsies came back normal "I just have IBS". She oviously does not have IBS because she would not say its only. I am a bit frustrated and could use some help!! I'm not sure where my diet should start or where i should start. I have stomach cramps all the time, my lower back aches and the gas is and bloating is frustrating me. I feel like people think it is no big deal and that I am exagerating
I would appreciated any advice and support anyone could lend me. Thanks, nicole

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
http://www.endowsec.com/pated/edtgs12.htm has a gas/flatus reduction diet with a sample menu.Have you tried peppermint for the pain? Any chance the doctor will prescribe something or do they insist you it all on your own?Other things for bloating gas...you could try probiotics, they do help some IBSers. Also try a digestive enzyme supplement with pancreatin in it at the start of meals. The prescription version has some data for bloating, but not a whole lot and that is just the pancreatic enzymes (that also have some signalling function) not the all plant based ones.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much. I have printed the info from the website you gave me. Looks like i will be doing alot of reading tonight!! The dr did prescribe Levsin for the cramps. It makes me abit drowsy so it is hard to take at work. I do believe that diet is going to be the biggest help to me. I guess i feel alittle overwhelmed.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hello NicoleWelcome to the Forum,you certainly are not imagining your symptoms,IBS is a very real and unpleasant illness,though it does vary from person to person.Someone who says its only IBS has no idea!As Kathleen has said peppermint can help sometimes to ease cramps and soothe the digestion.Peppermint tea worth a try.You can get antispasmodics for the pain from your doctor or if you want to try something before going to your doctor,paracetamol or you can buy small cushions that you can heat in the microwave then put it on the point of your pain even a hot water bottle.Maybe you should get referred to a Dietitian and she/he could go through the dietry/food side of things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.