Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been living with IBS for about 5 years now. and kinda figured it was somthing you just learned to live with. That there was nothing one could really do. Except take the scripts prescribed (Dicyclomine) But the Pain? How the heck do you deal with the pain. How in Gods name does one go through life always feeling like having to pass a tennis ball. I'm tired and sad and fed up. But I do have hope. I found this forum this morning while looking to see if chocolate could be causing my colon to go into a rage. I'm so stupid sometimes. I don't always make the food connections. But I think the overall concern in my life is how to get the support from my husband and close by family. They continue with life as if there is nothing wrong. They don't understand why I don't want to drink with them or have a big juicy rib eye off the Q. They are put out that I don't comply.GOD! and I thought chocolate reeked havoc. Beer? (their faves) WOW and OUCH! Wine? not too bad but not worth it. beef ugh NO CAN DO! And really...It's not that fun too hang around drunks...I have found. I feel like nothing should changed and I am to be witty, vibrant, diligent at my wifely chores. I FEEL GUILTY if I am otherwise. He (my husband) has not voiced this expectation. It's just that he has not voiced anything concerning my condition. Even after talking to him about the diagnoses.I'm just miffed. And way too tired of being pleasant all the @#$^&* time. There I said It....So someone either shoot me Or better yet, PLEASE give some advise.

·
Registered
312 Posts
have you tried cutting the carbohydrates out of your diet before?i used to not be able to eat a single bite of broccoli or fatty meat like a big juicy rib eye with out geting horrible gas and pain all day longbut after i cut the carbohydrates out of my diet i can eat as much broccoli and fatty meats like rib eye as i want with no gas or stomach pains at allmind you its VERY strict if that rib eye your husband cooked had any sugar sauce on it then it would not workbut its amazing how just cutting carbohydrates out of your diet changes everything i understand fully how eskimos live on a diet of up to 80% fat and do soo well and there entire culture has 0% obesity, 0% heart disease, 0% type 2 diabeteswhile 1 in 2 americans will die from a heart attackeating high fat is natural too a chicken egg is 61% fat and a human mothers breast milk is 50-57% calories from fatyou can learn how to do it herehttp://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=112669

·
Registered
722 Posts
Have you tried antispasmodics for the pain and also there are some low dose antidepressants that sometimes help with pain.My diet is very plain/bland although my ibs still severe,but i stick to it anyway.Chocolate can upset some people with ibs,i'm one of them.Not very fair that!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Diana63Thanks so much for your advice. I'll talk to my doctor about antispasmodics. I remember as a child, my Mom giving me donatol I think that's how it's spelled. That used to work really well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm new too although I've been lurking for quite awhile. It's so good to know that there are others out there who struggle constantly with anxiety disorders and IBS at the same time - I've always felt alone in this and now I know I am not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts