Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,Recently I've had a bad flare-up of IBS but this time I've been having IBS-D. I've usually had one or two days with IBS-D before but that was after a food trigger and it usually went away after a couple of days.This time no matter what I eat I'm having IBS-D. I wanted to know what medication is best to relieve the symptom?Also I'm going on a university field trip to Lyme Regis this weekend, coach is leaving 6.30am on the Saturday and am staying over for the night.I'm taking my own food with me but I wanted to know what to do in situations where you have limited access to a toilet and what to do when IBS-D starts and you can't find a loo.I'm speaking to my lecturer tomorrow about it so hopefully he'll be understanding and at least know about it.Sophie.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Antidiarreals.... like loperamide or immodium, or pepto bismol (pink bismuth) I take them (usually a 1/2 of a imodium tab) WITH meals as prevention.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BQ,Thanks. I've got Immodium, I'd never have thought of Pepto Bismol, I usually take that for nausea, glad to know it can ease both nausea and diahrrea.I will be extra carful on the trip. I've been put back on my old mebeverine medication as I was taking it with fybrogel, but the doctor told me the fybrogel probarbly causes my diahrrea as I usually suffer with constipation.Thanks again,Sophie.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.