Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,I was encouraged to find this site because even though I've suffered for over 30 years with IBS it helps to know there are others that understand the pain.I was reading about alot of us having problems since the beginning of April and I have to say I'm in the same boat. I had I think the worse attack of my life last night. The pain was so intense I actually fell off the toilet onto the floor. This morning I have a Liver Scan because they have discovered a "Fatty Liver" on top of anything else. The thought of someone pressing on my abdomen right now seems barbaric! Has anyone had IBS and also had a fatty liver? I don't drink and I"m not overweight so I'm puzzled as to any correlation between the two. Thanks for the support.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome Lilypad!Sorry to hear about your painful episode.
I have not heard about fatty liver in relations to IBS or what the causes might be. Just curious, how do they diagnose fatty liver?Keep me up to date and I hope you feel better!-Nicole

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Nicole,Thanks for your response. Apparently, they found the Fatty Liver last summer when I went for a CT Scan and the doctor neglected to tell me about it. My blood levels were slightly elevated for the liver also. I guess they can see it on a CT Scan. Which is what I'm been sent for today again to see if there isn't anything else going. I'm amazed at how much the doctors don't want to admit that the severe pain were are all in is strictly from the IBS. This has been a long bout stretching into 2 weeks now and it's (as you probably know) affecting my day to day life. I'm glad I found this site it is helpful to talk to others that understand just how bad the pain can be.Colleen

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Everyone,Well, the test results are in and I still have a fatty liver. The doctor asked me what kind of cook I grew up with (weird ?) but I said a Souther n one and she contributed the fatty liver to that lifestyle and said there is really nothing to worry about. So, I breathe a sigh of relief about that. Then had a CT scan done and it showed nothing new. I think the doctor was hoping for something else to explain away the pain but I told her it's most likely just a real bad flare up of IBS. She told me she had 6 other women complaining of the same syptoms that week. Must be the time of year for flare ups.I'm now on Donnatal and Zoloft and hoping for favorable results. Not had an attack since Saturday and it was mild in comparison. Thanks for the support again it really does help talking with others who know exactly what this pain is like. I really think the doctors have no idea how bad it can be. It would be good to find a doctor who suffers from it and be treated by them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.