Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there people
I been having this problem for a few months now so this may be a little long so please bear with me.Starting about 6 months ago or so I started to get this odd feeling in my stomach, it was more like the middle of my chest down to my stomach, I would only feel this feeling while bend over say siting on the train for a long time. It would build and build sort of like making a fist in slow motoion. When I would stand or sit back it would go away. This lasted awhile and soon started to morph into a pain under my ribcage, the pain would be like a inch or so below my ribcage. I would have lots of gas too, and burning of the stomach. Anyway I went to the GI Dr a few times and she ended up doing a upper gi series test which came back fine, just that my stomach was a bit irritated. Weeks and weeks past and the pain/feeling I been feeling have moved to around my lower stomach like acrorss from my belly button, this all has been on the left side as well...The dr then did a sonogram which came back fine as well, but still been feeling this feeling, along with the pain/discomfort I have had gas,bloating noises in my stomach..,feeling like I have to go to the bathroom when I dont,sometime flat stool sometimes watery dirreha.Best way to describe is sometimes it feels like there is something stuck inside me, my dr didnt think it was anything so serious but I became so worried I wanted her to give me a colonoscopy test even when she did not feel it was needed. Well the day before I lasted to 6pm without eating so I had to eat and postone the test, I tend to get very sick when I do not eat.......... last week I went back to the gi dr and she felt that the cause of all this is IBS, being that I have a mild case of GAD a axiety disorder she feels that could be making the problem worse due to the brain gut connection.....So is what I am feeling IBS? is my dr right or should I get a second opinion, this is starting to drive me nuts aND I have missed time from work. Being I have the GAD disorder I think i have something like colon cancer.dead bowel or a bowel obstrction because these feelings are there 24/7 which I do not see being normal for IBS..I would love to hear from others who have this as I can get some advice maybe, during this time I have not lost any weight, I have gained a few pds if anything also able to work out 4-5 times a week and also have a big appietaite and can eat fine....So any imput from anyone would be very helpful

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey Jerry! Welcome to the IBS boards! Its hard to say because ibs effects everyone differently, i used to be like you and it not bother me, but over the last month its effecting my life!

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
If it helps, any, just about every feeling you have had I experienced in the context of either IBS-D or GERD.

·
Registered
162 Posts
On a bad day i feel it unless im asleep! monday i felt naff all yesturday and today its been tough!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.