Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,I am new to this website. I first went to the doctors about this problem in December 2008, and after undergoing several awful investigative procedures for 18months, I eventually got a letter from my Gastroenterologist saying that they saw no signs of Chron's disease or colitis. They said it was IBS and if I have anymore problems, to go to my GP. I haven't yet done this as I feel very let down by the way that the doctors were so blasé about the whole thing. Now if I do go to the doctors, could you please tell me what they can do?! Thanks guys! x

·
Registered
311 Posts
obviously, those drs have never suffered with ibs-d............jerks............drs can b so insensitive...........personally i'd like to have to ability to put a pox upon them & let them not b able to leave their hose because of D for about 2mos...........they'd sing a different tune then.........there r many herbs that can help, passion flower & slippery elm r only 2.......st john's wort can too...........does the D get worse when u have to leave the house, or when u have to do something extra, or have a drs appointment, or go shopping when u really feel like roadkill..??..........if this is the case, u might try tryptophan & or 5HTP..........it's all tied up w/the adrenals & often, the thyroid.........if u try them, i can help with the protocol for these...........u need to take them with a few vitamins, so they work right & do what they were designed to do............they do make a difference...........my whole take on this thing, is either there is tissue damage or there is some deficiency............if it's a deficiency & it goes on long enough, then damage can result............finding out what is really going on, is the key..........it can take awhile to find out what works for u.............every single person is genetically different..........what i would not do, is take drugs till u've exhausted every other avenue.............drugs only treat symptoms, they do not cure much..........if u only treat symptoms, u r just chasing ur loses like a bad gambler............& the thing is, if u don't treat what's really wrong, things get worse & it can take awhile for u to realize this..........this leads to damage, sometimes irreversible damage..........finding what's really needed, naturally, is something that should not b put off...........that's what i did & i now have damage that may never b fixed or healed..........i can help, send me a message if u want to know how to try the tryp & or 5HTP..............from one who has been down many wrong roads..........

·
Registered
476 Posts
shnooony,Sorry you have to be here, but welcome.There are many self help avenues that you might explore, some more complex than others.Have a look at the Calcium Thread that is pinned at the top of the board....many have found help with that.Also maybe keep a food journal to see what if any food triggers you have.Soluble fiber supplements, taken very slowly in the beginning, are an option.Flavanoid supplements too help some.Stress of course is a biggie, as it is with many ailments.There is a lot of reading to be done here, so dig in and in the end, you will probably find that there will be no one magic bullet, but rather a combo of treatments that will help you out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.