Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HiI was diagnosed with IBS a month ago. It sucks because I cant eat a lot of stuff and I really don't know what to substitute as a good source of snacks. Does anybody know what type of snacks are good if you have IBS (constipation)? I am also currently taking Dycyclomine 10mlg. Is anybody else taking this and if so, have you experienced any long term side effects.Thank!Jojo707

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Jo JO I've had gut problems as far back as 1969. In 1981 was dia. with crohns and took asulfidine for one year and was much better. But ever since i have had eoisodes of gut pain and had all the test and all they say now is IBS. RELEE

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea Ive had them both but the doctor wasn't so great in explaining the results. its so hard, I am only 24 and feel so constricted. Do you know any websites that list some ideas of snacks and meal preparations for people with IBS?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yea Ive had them both but the doctor wasn't so great in explaining the results. its so hard, I am only 24 and feel so constricted. Do you know any websites that list some ideas of snacks and meal preparations for people with IBS?
Welcome JoJo:For snack foods, I really enjoy Kashi's foods. They are full of fiber (which is great for us IBS-C'ers!)Off the top of my head, I'm not really aware of any sites that specifically have recipes for IBS.My diet pretty much consists of things that are high in fiber, low in fat, and low in sugars. Reading labels is key to this, and you'll be able to become a pro at it in no time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.