Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am new to this site, just signed up a minute ago. I have been suffering with IBS-D symptoms for over 2 years now. :( I am a 24 year old woman, eat gluten and dairy free. I am scared to add them back into my diet as for I have been gluten free for over a year and dairy free for 6 months. Anyways, as soon as I eat I get a terrible stomach ache, and have to dart to the bathroom. Then I am there multiple more times. I have had so many tests ran on me.. I feel like a mystery basket case. No doctors can find anything wrong - besides a stomach ulcer (which I am on my last run of Prilosec for that). I have had 2 endoscopies, 1 colonoscopy, upper GI, abdominal CT scan, stool tests, and blood work... I have been doing some research on SIBO and am wondering if anyone has been told they have IBS-D and actually have SIBO. To help me in my every day routine I take cholestyramine right before I eat a meal so about 3 times a day.. it helps me but it does not fix the problem by anymeans and I still get "sick" more than I think I should be. I am just at a loss... I live a active lifestyle - workout daily, eat healthy, and am only 24! I read stories about people having these issues for 20+ years and it worries me that I will be like this... I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what I should do next?? Anything will help.. I am desperate.

Thank you in advance!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts