Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow IBS sufferers. Sorry that you all have to be here as I do. I am a 43yo male and this has affected my life to the point of divorce and has ruind my social life as well. My problems started when i broke my back and had a major back surgery 13 years ago. I had some spinal cord damage that i attribute to the IBS but can't verify that and no doctor will either. I basically have IBS with a twist because of my spinal cord injury. I have no feeling in the rectum area therefore i don't know when i have to go. I usually go a week to 10 days between bm's and i usually have loose to diareah and when you can't feel it comming on, let me tell ya, it can be a mess! I have recently started taking imodium and it seems to help but i still have loose bm's. In the last few years, i started getting a pain in the tip of my penis that kinda warns me that I will have a loose bm. Another issue that has really set me back is that no matter what i eat, i get really bad gas and because of the paraylysis, i don't know when wind is comming and i cannot hold it in. Plus, it smells really bad. It has caused me to stay home alot and has ruined any chance of a social life. My kids deal with it but only cause i'm their dad. I have been divorced for 2 years now and i attribute alot of my problems to my IBS. Now that I am single again, i want to meet someone new but who would ever accept someone with these issues? Is there a dating site for people with IBS???LOL. yes, i still have a sense of humor even though it's difficult at times. I feel like a prisoner in my own home and my IBS is the warden. I hope to eventually find some help so i can have a life again. By the way, i live in southern california.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.