Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, Very happy to have found you.I have always had what they called a spastic colon. But for the past 6 months things have gotten worse. Running to the bathroom mostly in the mornings at least 6 times with D. Cramps on my left lower intestinal area. Lower back pain that comes and goes and just recently lymph node pain in my left arm pit area. I've been to so many doctors, so many tests.All my labs are ok (urine/stool) Mammogram is ok, Abdominal CT scan ok. I have a colonoscopy scheduled in 1 month. So many questions but has anyone ever had the lymph node symptoms with IBS? At the same time this is all happening my Dr's are messing around with my hormones. Starting and stopping progesterone HRT. They have no clue about hormones IMO. So as of right now they don't know if I have IBS. I guess the colonoscopy will tell but this all worries me.I've heard that progesterone can give you gastrointestinal problems too. I've stopped taking it now for 3 days. Any and all comments welcome. I'm just feeling horrible.thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have not seen a doctor yet, but I am almost positive that it is IBS. I have diarrhea twice a week with excruciating abdominal pain. I am planning to see a doctor this week before school. If it is I am going to plead my mom to let me be cyber schooled. I've dealt with IBS for a little over a year now and I am 14 and going to be a Freshman. I had this a middle school and it was bad enough so I don't think I would make it in High School with IBS......

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've heard that progesterone can give you gastrointestinal problems too. I've stopped taking it now for 3 days. Any and all comments welcome. I'm just feeling horrible.thanks
Hi. Sorry to hear you're struggling so much. I was on HRT for a couple of years, and yes, the progesterone aggravated my IBS considerably.Your description of the pain etc sounds very familar from that time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts