Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new user to this forum and I am pretty sure I have IBS-C. I mean there is no doubt about the constipation part and I have been having horrible shooting stomach pains that are completely immobilizing.Have been to the dr. have had a adbominal CT, which was normal. Went to a useless gastroenterologist who wants to do colonoscopy and told me to cut out all dairy to see if it is lactose intolerance.One dr. gave me symax which seems to help but causes insomnia, and now I am also tired all the time and feel bad.I have been separated for a year, divorce should be final soon, have an older daughter going to college in the fall and a younger 8 yr old in third grade. I have a very stressful job which I Have to keep because I am the only breadwinner now. So, stress is a major contributor.I have been taking sarafem and trazadone for years now. I am not sure what my question is, except what to do when I get a flareup? I see a lot about how to prevent them - i have been trying food combining, and I guess I will cut out wine and caffeine but they have been helping with the insomnia/waking up part, so that is hard.I need a new life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thats the good and bad about going to a GI. I understand that a colonoscopy can rule out almost everything, but in the same sense, its always like, "Ah, stomach problems? Colonoscopy time." Theres never any real workup prior to that. I can understand your frustrations on this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts