Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am a 32 year old Mum in the UK. My daughter is 2 and when she was 6 months I collapsed with abdominal pain and was taken to hospital. My story I'm sure is not unusual so i won't go into much detail. My Dr thought I had gallstones and after many scans and investigative surgery I was finally referred to a gastroenterologist in October who diagnosed me with IBS. I take Spasmanol, regularly if I am going through a bad patch but most commonly in reaction to the early warning signs of bloating, tiredness and sharp pain through my back. I am most thankful that he advised glycerol suppositories which do wonders in getting things moving fairly painlessley. I am lucky in that the relief is immediate and I am largely able to conitnue a normal life. I joined this forum becuase I have some questions I am too embarrassed to see my GP about. I suffer from constipation and diarrohea but most commonly constipation. At least I think it is. I really don't want to be graphic but can't find any other way of describing this so I apologise in advance. When I haven't been able to pass for a couple of days I get a hard build up of stool which I can actually feel pressing when I touch my perenium. Sometimes I can actually push against it which helps to get it out. Today it was very bad and almost like giving birth. I may have torn inside as there was some bleeding and it stings a bit. I think I may have hemorroids/piles (?) blocking the passage but I don't know enough about my anatomy to know if this is the case. Does this sound familiar? I am trying to wean myself off my dependency on the suppostories becuase I use them everyday and the relief in passing gas and liquid which effecively releases the pressure is almost addictive. But if I don't use them I end up in this situation. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Can you tell me if this is normal?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.