Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I never really considered that I may be suffering from IBS, but after researching symptoms I feel I may be on the right track. About 4-5 (currently 25) years ago I suffered from a bought of Giardia. Was absolutely not fun and after going to the point of nearly taking out my appendix, one of the docs decided to test for Giardia, which came back positive, and I went on heavy antibiotics to get rid of it, having lost about 20 lbs. from 165 to 145.Ever since that time, my digestive system has never been quite right. I went for a while with things seemingly back to normal, but then I started to suffer from bouts of constipation, followed bouts of diarrhea. This went on for a year or so roughly. In the past year, the cases of D have subsided, and the extremity and duration of C have calmed down, but never quite went away. I still find myself taking a single "natural" laxative on occasion when feeling backed up, and every now and then after a meal I will suffer from D within an hours time. My biggest problem now is that I have pretty frequent bowel movements. I will feel like the right side middle and lower portion of my stomach are cramping and noticeably in pain, to the point that I want to push on my stomach for quick relief, and the only thing that makes it feel better is a good bowel movement. Usually after this happens, I feel an instant relief and I get immediately hungry, where I couldn't think to eat before the bowel movement. I've been dealing with and crown accustomed to this for about a year now, but I am not thinking this is normal. Should I consider looking for an IBS diagnosis and treatment? it doesn't really effect me in day to day activities except that I have learned to be more accepting of using public restrooms, it's more of a daily annoyance. On the positive side, I've got to be the most regular person I know, as i literally have a specific time every day that I must go like clock work, but the problem comes in when I cannot for whatever reason at time. If I don't, I can't eat anything for dinner, and begin to feel the pain setting in until I finally have a bowl movement. The bowels range from sometimes regular and solid, to sometimes stringy and spotted, to D if I have needed to take a laxative to relieve pain when a stool doesn't seem to want to come out. I sometimes also feel very acidic in my stomach after eating, no matter what it is, and it's caused me to throw up before unless taking an antacid. Any advice, suggestions, tips?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Personally, I'd go see a GI doctor just to be sure of what it is causing your problems. I'm not a doctor but that's what I'd do. Just my advice...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.