Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again, I'm multi posting!
I need some hope. Is IBS a matter of finding out what drugs work? Or homeopathic works? I have an excellent homeopathist and she's starting me on probiotics.. Primadoliphius (I know I didn't spell that right). My mom's friends son in law swore by Loprexa?? I don't know the spelling. He said his doctor found that there is something in that drug that works really well with IBS. He took it for 6 months and his IBS is gone or at least is gone for now. Thanks for listening!! I go for an endoscopy tomorrow. I miss coffee!!!

·
Registered
779 Posts
It seems that everyone's experience with what helps and what doesn't is different. You have to just keep experimenting.As of now, I am trying the new Activia yogurt. My bowel habits have changed because of it, but not yet in a positive mode. I have the big D several times a day. Anything is worth trying, however. Try whatever you can find. Maybe you will find the answer for yourself. Just don't give up!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know. I don't think I'll ever give up! I'm ready to sign up for CBT. I have to say the one thing, it has put so many things in perspective. I definitely put other people first and neglect myself. In a weird way, it's helped me as far as protecting myself. Nothing is worth making yourself sick.
Thanks again nerfmom!!J

·
Registered
779 Posts
I have found several ways of dealing with my IBS over the last number of years. Knowing my limitations has helped. I try not to put myself in a position where I know that I am going to have an IBS attack. To me, it is not worth going to eat at a restaurant if the food is not going to agree with me. I would rather eat at home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.