Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ain't the type of person to share my thoughts about my problems, i usually try to solve them on my own, but today is one of those days where my hope is lost. Im 18, from Toronto, Canada, and have been suffering from IBS-D for about 3 years now. It all started when i was chilling with my friends, and suddenly got a massive urge to take a dump, and there were no washrooms around so i had to get on my bike and ride like the wind to my house, but unfortunately didnt make it. Ever since then I have had a constant fear of not making it to the washroom and embarrassing my self.My main issue is the mornings, oh god how i hate the mornings. Every morning i gotta go to the washroom like 3-5 times in one hour, but i take some immodium and im usually good for the rest of the day. But i don't feel like im in 'good health'. IBS has caused me to have mild anxiety, no intimate relationships, HORRIBLE school attendance/marks, and basically depression.(not happy 7/10 days) I try so hard to be strong and power thru the day and i think i have done a fairly good job for these 3 years, but lately its been hard. I still have a large number of friends, but they have no idea of my issue and i have to put on a mask and lie about many things. I believe my problem is more mental than physical, but then theres days when i think its more physical than mental. Some days I wake up feeling fine, and I say to myself 'I dont have stomach problems, everything will be alright' and i try not to think about it and it works. Like when i go to work im perfectly fine most of the time because im constantly busy and have no time to think about my stomach. But then there are those days or even a span of weeks when it gets pretty bad(like lately) and i loose hope and dont want to do anything but stay in my house. Stress is a big key for me, ive been wanting to go out with this girl from work and im pretty sure she likes me(got her number), but she likes this other guy from work too, so its an awkward and stressful situation of who's she gunna pick, so in return my bowels have been acting up today. I hope someone understands me and my problems, because no one in my life really does. I feel some relief from my chest just from typing this, because i have never said this to anyone before. I have faith that one day this sh*t will go away, just gotta keep moving on. I sympathize for everyone who has IBS, it's a pain in the ass to deal with.Sorry for the bad grammar/jumping topics, im just writing what im thinking.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know how you feel.. I usually dont like to talk about my problems either.. I think its really embarassing to talk to other people about it.. and most of the time they dont really understand what I'm going through.. Because IBS wont kill me they think its not a big deal.. but it is.. I have IBS-C and it makes life so much harder then it needs to be! I always get nervous about going places for long periods of time because I never know if i will be able to keep it under control while I'm there.. I am going to university next year and I'm so scared of having to share a bathroom with other people! I have even considered staying at home and driving back and forth every day. I am new to this site but so far I love it! It gives us a place to just talk about everything we normally wouldnt.. no one knows who we are and everyone is suffering from the same type of thing so they all understand. Being able to talk about it is the biggest help! Just getting it out there and hearing that there are other people that have this same problem.. not just me.. Just hang in there and know that there are a bunch of people who know exactly what you are going through and they are all there to help you with it! Good luck with the girl from work! Im sure everything will go fine.. and if not know that there is someone else out there that is better for you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for your response, it does feel better talking about it. i hope all the best for you, i know we can beat this!On a little side note i forgot to mention that when i know im gunna stay at home, i have no problems whatsoever. that makes me question that is it my brain playing tricks on me or is there something actually physically wrong. my dad said when he was my age he had the same problem, but he said he dealt with it and it disappeared when he was around 21. He said that it might be my hormones that are raging right now, which i can believe. you can say im a late bloomer when it comes to the desire of a girlfriend, but nowadays girls are like a drug, I need them! lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thats great.. Its kind of an encouraging idea that this might actually go away in a few years!!I get the same way if I know I'm staying home its not as bad.. but I dont think its just something with the brain.. With IBS stress makes it worse.. Knowing I have to go somewhere is stressfull for me and I think thats the reason it gets worse.As for you needing girls.. you really dont! I know I use to feel like that but its really not the end of the world to be alone.. actually sometimes its alot better.. The last relationship I was in was hell because I thought I needed to be with someone and just said yes to the first guy that asked me out.. That was a big mistake! I wont bore you with details.. but all I can say is enjoy your time alone.. and when the right girl comes along go for it.. but dont just settle for a girl just to be with someone..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.