Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I am new to the website but have been struggling with IBS for sometime (or so I think it is). Basically, it all started the beginning of quarantine when I started to experience diahrea mutliple times a day. After a few failed attempts, I realized that my main problem was gluten. Whenever I had gluten, I would immediately feel sick the next morning. My IBS symptoms are usually like this: wake up with stomach cramps, have to rush to the bathromm, have extremely watery diahreaa. Later in the day, I might have something extrmeely bland like salmon and rice (usually this does not cause any inflamation for me on a nomral day), however after I finish eating, I immediately have to use the batrhoom and have diahreaa again. It seems like if I have gluten the day before, regardless of what I eat the next day, I am going to have diahrea and the volume of food from the next day I feel like causes diahrea. If I have a lot of salmon and rice for dinner, the day after I eat gluten, then I will have diahrea vs if I eat just a bananna I won't. I have never had any issues with constipation (except sometimes (on occasion) I have an urge to have a BM but cant and I wipe to see a puss like substance on the toilet paper—for some reason this only happens when I have canned tomato pasta sauce (I have gluten free pasta)). Besides that, my BMs look like steatorrhea whenever I eat something that my stomach does not agree with. It also is very foul smelling and sometime frothy. Sometimes I have normal BMS but they still have the same foul smell that I think is assoicated with steatorrhea. I have gotten tested for celiac and have had multiple parasite and other virus stool tests, all of which were negative. I do not know what to do because I am able to live a normal life when I do not eat gluten, however there are other foods that still cause me to have diahrea. I want to know if anyone else expereinces something like this. My biggest concern is that it is not IBS and soemthing else. Please let me know you thoughts. THANKS!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gluten is definitely a trigger and I have not eaten gluten for several years

But I still suffer from IBS both C and D
I eliminated fodmaps - no relief
When I leave my house I I take Imodium however that leads to constipation
And I don’t dare take even a stool softener because of diarrhea
I spend a lot of time at home

I believe the IBS was caused by esophageal surgery

·
Registered
33 Posts
Gluten is definitely a trigger and I have not eaten gluten for several years

But I still suffer from IBS both C and D
I eliminated fodmaps - no relief
When I leave my house I I take Imodium however that leads to constipation
And I don’t dare take even a stool softener because of diarrhea
I spend a lot of time at home

I believe the IBS was caused by esophageal surgery
We have the same problem, I would also take Immodium but will lead to constipation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
99% of those who think they have gluten intoerance don't actually have it. I joined this group today. I am compelled to share with groups like yours my magic bullet that ended 30 years of IBS suffering! IBS changed my life and forced me to drive camper vans with toilets in the rear as well as deal with diet and travel restrictions that constantly made problems for me healthwise, socially and with family. I had been treating my peripheral neuropathy successfully with non-intoxicating CBD hemp buds, sold legally through the mail in all 50 states, to end my reliance on gabapentin. Then growers came out with a new strain of hemp last year that contains a different THC molecule that is not restricted by our federal law on the intoxicant content of marijuana. The specific federally banned THC molecule is dubbed Delta 9 THC. The new legal version is classified Delta 8 THC by chemists and is legal to sell but will still show up on drug tests. It is a bit less intoxicating but I tried it to see what it would do for my anxiety symptoms and sleep, not to get high although that is soothing and comparable to medical marijuana. I added a bit of Delta 8 hemp to my daily gel capsule of CBD hemp I buy by the ounce and fill myself. Within two months my IBS symptoms were completel gone!! I was able to stop taking a capsule of psyllium fiber with every meal and my movements were 'picture perfect' so I had to admire them. Then I realized I could resume eating raw salad greens and fresh fruit for the first time in 30 years. There IS a magic bullet for chronic IBS caused by stress factors. Don't hesitate to ask me all your questions to assure that I am not a spammer or trying to post for profit. The profit from my experience of perfect digestive health restored is priceless. Google Delta 8 to learn more as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts