Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO-I AM SO HAPPY TO READ WHAT ALL OF YOU ARE GOING THROUGH. OVER THE LAST 2 YEARS, I HAVE HAD A PELVIC ULTRASOUND A COLONOSCOPY, AN UPPER ENDOSCOPY, A BARIUM CAT SCAN , AND A TON OF BLOOD WORK. THEY FOUND NOTHING. MY SYMPTOMS CONSIST OF FREQUENT BM(USUALLY LOOSE AND WITHIN 30 MINUTES OF EATING), LOWER RIGHT ABDOMINAL PAIN(THAT COMES AND GOs ALL MONTH LONG) AND MOST RECENTLY UPPER RIGHT QUADRANT PAIN THAT RADIATES INTO MY LOWER AND MIDDLE BACK AND FEELS LIKE A BRUISE OR A CRAMP FROM RUNNING TOO LONG. ACTUALLY THAT IS WHAT EVERYTHING FEELS LIKE LOWER AND UPPER PAIN. I WAS VERY CONCERNED ABOUT MY LIVER OR HEPATITIS, BUT NOW THAT EVERYONE IS SAYING THEY HAVE THIS UPPER QUADRANT BRUISE LIKE PAIN...I FEEL BETTER !!! I TAKE THE FLAX SEED ALSO ON MY OATMEAL IN THE MORNING AND ALSO THE KEIFER YOGURT(PROBIOTIC). I FEEL LIKE IF I DON'T TAKE IT FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS THEN IT TAKES FOREVER TO START WORKING AGAIN. WHEN I TAKE ANTI-DIARREAHL MEDICINE IT MAKES ME CONSTIPATED AND BLOATED FOR DAYS. I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF THIS AND I FEEL LIKE I CAN'T GO ANYWHERE(CONCERTS...ETC ...ANYWHERE THAT HAS PORT-O-LETS) IF ANYONE HAS ANY ADVICE OR ANYTHING TO MAKE ME FEEL BETTER ABOUT THIS OR EVEN THE SAME TYPE OF UPPER QUADRANT PAIN PLEASE FEEL FREE TO WRITE ME BACK AND LET ME KNOW..AT LEAST IT WILL GIVE ME PEACE OF MIND

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi and welcome to the board. I'm new here to, and have really enjoyed chatting about my IBS. I feel like not everyone understands the diffculties we go through, but the folks here are great. Most of the time just reading what someone else says gives me enough hope that I'm not crazy and alone. I don't have my IBS-D undercontrol yet, but just yesterday I started taking Calcium and today I'm feeling alot better. I also take Nulev and Paxil. Anyways, welcome.

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
Dolphin123,It sounds like it could be the gall bladder and it dose not always show up on the ultra sounds. You can take some calcium carbonate with you meals to help get a more formed bm check out the info at the top of this page or email me and I will send it to you.Linda

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Dolphin! (I love your name, I'm a dolphin lover as well!!)Welcome to the board. I'm new here too. I will, on occasion have some upper right quadrant pain as well as stomach pain (upper left) and all the crampiness that goes with it. Mine is mostly on my lower left side, though. It is very frustrating when the tests all come back negative, but you're in such pain. I think a lot of people here understand and are very helpful. I've learned a lot just reading. Have you tried taking anything yet? Besides the yogurt and flaxseed? I think the calcium works well, but be careful of constipation if you struggle with that too. I've been taking the calcium when I have D problems. Linda's post is very informative and explains everything. Welcome and hope you find the answers you're looking for!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.