Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,so this is going to be a longer story.I have been dealing with IBS-D(at least that`s what the military docs call it) since the birth of my last child 7 1/2 yrs ago.It all started after a very complicated delivery,I was just out with my family and felt the sudden urge to use the bathroom,but didn`t make it on time.After that I had frequent episodes of diarrhea,usually coming on very sudden and forceful.My PMC prescribed Donnatal,but I didn`t get any relief from the medication.I am also diabetic and have had serious side effects from some of my medications(Metformin was the worst).Right now I am at a point in my life where I just want to give up.I can`t enjoy my family,take my kids to dr appointments or go to school functions because the IBS controls every aspect of my life.Immodium isn`t working anymore either.When my episodes happen they come very sudden and strong with cramping and bubbling feeling in my tummy and then the diarrhea comes instantly.Sometimes when I do make it out of the house and I just think about my IBS it brings on a bout.Not sure if I am also suffering from anxiety.I finally got a referral to go to gastroenterology,....hopefully I will be able to keep the appointment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.