Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a 38 year old female who has had IBS symptoms since high school. In my early 20's I would sometimes eat and about 10 mins after I would get intense pain and have to run to the restroom and have a "blow out" as I call it. Normally I would sweat and be in severe pain for about 15 mins then after severe diarrhea I was left feeling weak and drained. This happened probably 1 a week. It hasn't been that bad in awhile, that usually happens 1 a month now.4 years ago I had a colonoscopy and was clean but now I've been having a lot of pain in upper right abdominal side, gas, and diarrhea or unformed stool every morning sometimes multiple times a day. I've had an ultrasound and hydascan to see about gallbladder issues, none were found. The pain went away but has now come back. I've never formally been diagnosed with IBS but I think this is probably my abdominal issue.Just wondering if anyone else has had these types of issues?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Since your last exam was four years ago, you need to see your doctor again. Of course, IBS can cause all those symptoms but you cannot be certain until you have been examined and ruled out that nothing more serious is happening. Anytime there is a 'change' in bowel habits, you need to check with your doctor. I wish you the best and keep us posted. I believe there is a thread regarding "tests" that might be appropriate. Some are as follows:Sed rate (general inflammatory immunity marker)CBC (blood counts)Chem-12 (liver and kidney function)H-PyloriUpper GI with biopsy for sprue or other malabsorbtion issues/diseasesLower GI with biopsy (to check for many health conditions)Barrium or CT scan (Motility, lining, tract function and size/thickness, cancer, malformations, diverticuli)Stool sample (three in a row needed to be certain with the "liquid portion")IgG (autoimmune issues)ANA (autoimmune issues)Breath test (for bacterial overgrowth - but it has a high rate of false negative/postives)Good luck and hope you feel better soon!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.