Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All - I am new to this IBS thing. I didn't even realize there are different versions of IBS so I don't even know where I fall. I thought IBS was IBS and that was that. Watch what you eat, take this pill, no take this pill, no don't eat that.. don't get stressed.... I have had stomach issues all my life but never thought much about it. I am 33 and I mainley eat blah stuff and have limited myself to no red meat, no spicy, no seafood, no fried, no carbonated beverages, trying to be G-free and limited dairy. Not all that much left when youa re a picky eater like me. So all of this started last year about this time when I was rushed in for a CT scan since two doctors thought my appendix was ready to burst. I had extreme pain and it came on within an hour to where I could hardly move. Long story short... I was put on meds for Crohns and tested for Crohns and Celiac. Both came back negative but my new Gastro Doctor was convenced it was Crohns, so one colonoscopy, one endoscopy, four ulcers in the ilium, one test camera pill and one camera pill later, I have IBS. So I am on my fourth medication change and my doctor said he thinks it is anxiety that is causing my pain in my ilium. I work at a very stress-filled envoirment. My boss is crazy and last week spent everyday screaming at someone. I ended up not feelign well and left early from work on Friday. By the time I got home I was fine. It is now Sunday night and a few hours ago I started having spasms that came on pretty quickly and off and on are pretty frequent and powerful. I am thinking this is my mind freaking out about going back to work tomorrow. If youa re reading this, have you ever experienced this before? I am currently on the generic form of Librax. Any advice or help is greatly appriciated. Thank you. - Duffchick

·
Registered
473 Posts
You already suspect its stress related and I don't disagree.And for it to play up on Sunday evening (the day before work) is a classic sign.Look around the site and the forum you'll see different suggestions about how to deal with the stress. If you can get on top of it, it might resolve your IBS!Jackmat

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.