Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I'm not 100% sure what I'm looking for here, but nevertheless!I got diagnosed with chronic fatigue about 4 years ago, and although I manage alright, I find life to be a struggle generally. I always had a sensitive stomach, however from about last christmas I found I was going to the loo more often, stranger stuff was being produced, I often had nausea..as I was out of the country for a long while I only got to see the doctor once, having come home for a month due to this illness..he suggested it might be IBS but didn't have much info.Now reading this site i realize what i have isn't really severe, however I find I'm getting more and more depressed, as I can't seem to enjoy stuff..I nearly always have an overriding feeling of nausea or heavy tiredness.can anyone suggest anything? what I have tends to last for weeks at a time, then subsides for a few days, then back on again. Not really triggered by stuff (not that I've noticed). Obviously I shall be seeing doctors soon but I've found my GP to be not wholly clued in.Thanks

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Hi there,Its good to know that you are seeing/planning to see a doctor, cos that was going to be the first thing i suggested you do!Small things you could do include trying things like peppermint tea, or chamomile (i prefer that, but its not the same as peppermint helps smooth muscle contractions in your guts, so thats probably the one to go for), peppermint oil tablets (before meals) and looking at your diet.If you are feeling adventurous you could try keeping a food/symptom diary. But you will actually need to write down EVEYTHING that passes your lips- drinks, chewing gum, any food whatsoever. Its quite tough.I did Hypnotherapy- there are several thread on that, if you are interested i can give you some more info on that.There is a forum specifically for chronic fatigue syndrome on here that you might like to ask for advice from too!Wow, this was quite long, sorry!Well, the basic gist is: Feel free to ask for help anytime, browse around, read lots and you might find something that will help you!Nikki xxx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.