Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this is the wrong place to post or whether the things I mention before have been covered elsewhere but there's a lot of threads on the site and I haven't checked them all
Brief background I guess would help:28 years old and despite my problems in full-time work. I've had problems for the last 12 or so years with the prostate/pelvic/bowel region. At a young age I had a lot of pain after ejaculation which lead to lots of tests and antibiotics. Nothing definitive was found after X-rays, blood tests, semen cultures. 2 MRI scans (spine and hip), an endoscopy (with coeliac tests), 3 Cystoscopies (along they did find a stricture in the urethra the first time which they corrected), Barium drink, Ultrasounds and seen countless consultants (you name the department I've been there!). To top it off I'm waiting for the results of a CT scan! The problem itself relates to pain (possible inflammation) in prostate region (making it difficult at times to sit down), pain in the right pelvic region (making it difficult to walk or stand for long periods and even lie on my back/right hand side) and an irritated bowel. Given this a bowel forum I'll concentrate on this aspect. I get a lot of bloating/wind in the right region and I also have loose bowel movements which usually occur after walking/standing long periods and ejaculation. I've reduced the intake of various foods from my diet (wheat and milk mainly) and there are some foods which I know affect me (pork, oranges and things like dried packet sauces). At present I'm on Coloflac (135mg, 3 times day) and they've helped reduce the bloating and wind problem but i still have problems with the walking etc (which is especially annoying if I have to eat out).Various explanations have been - over-stimulated mind/body (which to an extent is true given I'm a naturally nervous type person) and IBS type condition which is related to the prostate problem. I keep getting told that are no magical cures but very little in the way of how to deal with this problem. Like I said I've tried identifying foods that I know affect me (which isn't always easy) and I have had some limited counselling. There are issues which I still haven't been able to deal with (the whole prostate thing) and I don't lead an active lifestyle (in fact my social life is pretty much 0).Sorry if I've rambled but the first posts are always the hardest when you try to cover something as complex as this. I look forward to using this site.Richard

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
Pain with siting raise the idea of pudendal nerve problem.There is few forum on internet on this.All your other symptoms fit with mine and i also have difficulty evacuating.I'm tempted to blame your sigmoid colon.Being so deep in the pelvic cavity messing up the whole area and creating back up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
quote:sigmoid colon
.I'm not familiar with this so I'll have to look it up but do you have problems walking/standing - basically physical exertion? I've tried to do simple, gentle exercises like yoga but when I do so it feels like a muscle (or something) is "pulling". My bowel movements are pretty regular (2 maybe 3 times a day) and I usually have to go after eating breakfast and then either lunch or an evening meal. One consultant said that was a sign of the nervous system being overstimualted rather than a dietary thing but I don't know what to believe thes days...Have you been able to find anything that helps with the problem?Thanks again I'll look into the above information you gave me.

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
Yeah my legs muscles are -tigth-.I mostly have trapped gas and too much of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.