Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have anxiety, see a therapist, take meds for it. Three weeks ago, both my kids started school. Yes, there was anxiety surrounding it and I thought I was dealing with it. It also messed with my morning routine since I have to drive them - it interrupted my "schedule". Now, my guts are a mess. I have never been this irregular. I have resorted to castor oil - yuck. And now I am anxious about pooping and its a vicious cycle and I cannot seem to find my way out. The anxiety has built and I am sure its some dreadful disease or blockage. My sane mind knows its the anxiety.Frankly, I have not a dime to my name until payday next week. No money for prune juice or anything (I am sure this lack of funds isn't helping either). Just tell me it will get better. Please.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that you feel so stressed out. That's not good for anyone, and for IBS'ers the repercussions are often a wee bit worse. As if our lives weren't wonky enough already, eh?
Take a deep breath....and try to accept the requirements of this new scheduling situation. Its a done deal, and negotiating the drop off time is not an option. Its up to you to create a new morning routine that works for your kids and yourself. It sounds like you had found a routine that worked for you once, now do it again.Consider the simple trick of altering your wake up time. Get up, say, an hour earlier than you used to. Heck, if it helps you get back on track and feel back in control, get up two hours earlier. In my case, I have D, big time. If I'm due to leave my house at, say, 7am, I'll be up by 5am at the latest. That gives me the time I need to do the D, and let the am meds kick in. By 7am I'm in control and feeling fairly confident. It may take a week or three for your body to adjust to the new schedule, but it will adjust.Bonus: Watching a beautiful dawn come on while enjoying the peacefulness of a quiet house. Its my favorite time of the day, before the inevitable chaos of life starts up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your response, CheshireCat. That is a great suggestion. I am going to start swimming again too. I just need to remember to be patient while my gut gets back to normal.Normally, its D the second a panic attack comes on. Feast or famine. lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
You put a smile on my face this morning with that post. Like many folks here, I'm no stranger to stress and its consequences on GI health, so I was very happy to hear the positive nature of your words. The swimming sounds like a very good idea. Its not only getting exercise, but its also setting time aside to take care of yourself. Powerful statement, and very important when you're feeling down mentally and physically. Raising two kids? -you've earned the right to take timeouts for yourself.Actually, your plans were an inspiration for me today. Swimming, ah, it sounded luxurious to me. I've not gone swimming for far too long. Though I didn't go swimming, I did quit the pity party, got up off my butt, drove to a favorite beach area of mine, and treated myself to a day on the sands. Walking barefoot through the surf, sitting on that warm sand enjoying the sights, sounds, and smells. I had a lovely and relaxing time, all thanks to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.