Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here. I dont know if I have Ibs, but I sure have all the symptoms. Mine are mostly triggered by stress. Have you ever known anyone with Ibs that has a phobia about going #2 in a public restroom? I have that. I can use one, if it's an emergency, but that's about it. My mom lives in the next town over, and had to make me a key so I could use that bathroom if i had too. This is funny, you'll probably laugh, but sometimes if i have to use a public bathroom, i take my 3 year old in with me, after I'm done, I'd say" Good girl, you went potty" hehe, but now she says," No i didnt, you did.". My husband is also getting annoyed with me becuase of hurried trips to the bathroom. Any thing you could share with me would be nice. THanks.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Get yourself to a GastroEnterologist in your area. You cannot self-diagnose IBS.Your family Dr. can recommend one.Also, if you do have IBS, your hubby will have to realize that you have a chronic condition, that may or may not get better.I hope you get better,Joan

·
Registered
846 Posts
Get yourself to a GastroEnterologist in your area. You cannot self-diagnose IBS.Your family Dr. can recommend one.Also, if you do have IBS, your hubby will have to realize that you have a chronic condition, that may or may not get better.I hope you get better,Joan

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hi molly. You should get yourself to the Dr's office and get some tests done first. I think you are making a bigger problem out of this. Bathrooms are there for people to use them. Do not be ashamed; it will only give you extra stress. Sure, I would not like to go in a public restroom, but that is what they are there for. Plus, there is a big probability none of the people you encounter on the way will know you.
My exboyfriend was always annoyed of my urgency and all that comes with it. I cannot say I left him (after 5 years) because of my IBS, but I recall one particular incident that made me have the final desicion. Oh please, do not think I am telling you to leave your husband.
What I am trying to say is that some people do not understand. There is this worderful brochure that you will find in the homepage of this site that was made for people who do not have IBS. That should be something to look at. I hope you find something that works for you.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hi molly. You should get yourself to the Dr's office and get some tests done first. I think you are making a bigger problem out of this. Bathrooms are there for people to use them. Do not be ashamed; it will only give you extra stress. Sure, I would not like to go in a public restroom, but that is what they are there for. Plus, there is a big probability none of the people you encounter on the way will know you.
My exboyfriend was always annoyed of my urgency and all that comes with it. I cannot say I left him (after 5 years) because of my IBS, but I recall one particular incident that made me have the final desicion. Oh please, do not think I am telling you to leave your husband.
What I am trying to say is that some people do not understand. There is this worderful brochure that you will find in the homepage of this site that was made for people who do not have IBS. That should be something to look at. I hope you find something that works for you.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Hi Molly, welcome to the BB
The others are right - you need to get diagnosed by a doctor. Then you will know what you're dealing with and how best to manage your condition. You mentioned stress - hypnotherapy or CBT could help you - please visit the hypnotherapy, CBT and anxiety forum. Best wishes,

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Hi Molly, welcome to the BB
The others are right - you need to get diagnosed by a doctor. Then you will know what you're dealing with and how best to manage your condition. You mentioned stress - hypnotherapy or CBT could help you - please visit the hypnotherapy, CBT and anxiety forum. Best wishes,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks alot for all the info. I'll look into that. Ive just sort of been scared of all the tests. Oh yeah, and I'm sorry if i gave you guys the wrong idea about my husband. He is actually really great about all this. He doesnt even complain, but i can tell its hard on him. Sometimes i have to ask him to speed on the freeway to get home, hehe or rush me to a bathroom when he is in the middle of something. Honestly, hes great about it. I just hate inconvienencing him all the time. I can tell him anything, I've never had that before in my life. I even told him about this site. He thinks its great. Thanks alot.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks alot for all the info. I'll look into that. Ive just sort of been scared of all the tests. Oh yeah, and I'm sorry if i gave you guys the wrong idea about my husband. He is actually really great about all this. He doesnt even complain, but i can tell its hard on him. Sometimes i have to ask him to speed on the freeway to get home, hehe or rush me to a bathroom when he is in the middle of something. Honestly, hes great about it. I just hate inconvienencing him all the time. I can tell him anything, I've never had that before in my life. I even told him about this site. He thinks its great. Thanks alot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.