Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am newly diagnosed with Ibs, as I don't know anybody with this syndrome need some advice, my symptoms began like 2 years ago, with occasional diarrhea like 1 every 2 months, then like 12 months ago I began having cramping pains usually only in the mornings, after a BM it would feel much better in fact i will say the pain disappeared.I did go to the doctor 6 months ago and did complete CBC, and had a Virtual Colonoscopy, everything normal. And now I am getting like once every 2 months or so an extreme pain as a wake up in the morning and what feels like constipation, then when I manege to have a BM the pain gets better, and the stool will go from pellets with mucus, to mushy, to pellets again all in the same morning?? and in the end after the pain I will only pass mucus???? then in the afternoon all OK..no pain no BM .!! I am baffled!! could they have missed a tumor?? or should I be tested for IBD. Dont nknow what to do, as i have no insurance and paid for all.This usually happens when I had a stressful day or going to have a stressful day like my daughters first day at Kinder, I am a very nervous parentThanks for advice.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Your symptoms are consistent with IBS and the tests you have already had would have detected the things you fear.Do you have bloody diarrhea (and usually when IBD flares up it will be bloody diarrhea every day for days on end, not one event every once in awhile).Mucus is common with IBS. I don't see the point in paying for redoing the tests you already had.That the pain goes away after a BM almost guarentees it is IBS and nothing else. That is a pretty specific symptom for IBS and not much else.The many varied poop thing is also classic for IBS. Most of the "worse" things cause much more consistency.When you are constipated the body will use softer stools (even watery stools) to try to flush it out. That stress brings it on is also extremely common with IBS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello, i definitely don't get diarrhea for days and don't think they are bloody when i do, I get them once every two months and sometimes two three times and that's it, the only maybe not so consistence with IBS or yes? is the passage of only mucus at the end of my colic's attacks, I now they are about to end when the only mucus happens??? this has happen 3 times in the last 8 monthsThanks for your advice!!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Lots of IBSers have that pass only mucus thing, especially when it is acting up. Mucus is non-specific so can be anything including IBS. Or even just you are normal and have a bout of constipation any healthy person can have. Your colon makes some mucus every day of your life. So it isn't something you don't expect to see even in healthy people from time to time. It makes more whenever it feels irritable or you need a bit more lubrication to get a stool to move.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much Kathleen...!!One last doubt, this also has only happened when I get the colic's pain and pass the mucus, 3 times the last year.I have been diagnosed by an proctologist after a rectos-copy with internal hemorrhoids, and when I get this pain and spams go to the toilet like 5 or 6 times, then I pass only mucus and bright red blood?? I guess is the hemorrhoids flare up with so much pain and BMs either soft or pellets, and as soon as I get better the mucus and bright red blood stops.Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.