Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am new and was just told today that I have IBS. They gave me hanlon to calm my stomach and intestines down. Can anyone please tell me some of the symptoms and what you do to releive them. Do back aches, muscles aches, head aches, like someone is just squssing your stomach togather, and what are the feelings when you get panic attacks. Any information would be help full.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Welcome Chellis! We are glad that you were able to find this board and hope that it brings you some comfort to know that you are not alone.------------------Regards,Brad

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Chellis: Welcome. I have had IBS all my life and what I thought was panic attacks along with it. But since I started coming to this BB about 2 months ago, I realized it is not real panic attacks, just anxiety attacks because I never know when the IBS will kick in. I have the D type so it's pretty scary when I'm not home. From everything I read about panic attacks, you never know when it will hit. It is from an unknown cause. I know exactly why I get them. The symptoms are similar. But try to keep a diary of your panic attacks and see if they are in relation to an IBS attack. I know my anxiety attacks and my IBS play off each other. Also, with panic attacks people usually feel like they are going to die. I don't have that, I'm just afraid I won't make it to a toilet. So mine is more like a phobia. I'm sorry you were diagnosed with IBS, it isn't the most pleasant illness but keep reading the postings here. I can't tell you how much these people have helped me. It is a great source of knowledge, new ideas and support. Best of luck, Loretta

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome friend. Lately I have been dealing with the anxiety and panic stuff alot. If you read my post on IBS and anxiety you will get some ideas about whay goes on with me. I hope you are feeling better A

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome...If you are new to this, try Dr' Salt's book - published by the folks that sponsor this board. It's a good primer and will probably answer a lot of your questions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replys, I too have anxiety attacks and they also seem to come when my stomach acts up. The feeling is total wierd the feeling of seeming to get like a heart attack. And hopelessness. I also try to mental think of something good and breathing exercises. But sometimes they just seem to work. It seems stress plays a big part in my problem. Husband , kids , work and all the responsiablities of home life left in my lap. I too dont think about myself and everyone else. Quess it time I try to make some changes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.