Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,I have IBS-d and have had it as long as I remember. I am currently taking Lotronex, but i know part of my problems are anxiety induced. Does anyone have any reccommendations on anti anxiety meds. I have been reading about Effexor and it sounds scary. Does anyone have any advice?Thanks,Karen

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi KRmarie, I have IBS D & anxiety disorder. I have tried Zoloft, Paxil cr and Effexor and they all made me to tired and out of it. So my doctor tried me on Buspar which is not an antidepressant. It has been a wonder drug for me it calms my nerves but I don't get tired at all. It is very mild but works. Also I went to a Gi doctor and had a colonoscopy and was told I have IBS D and given a antispasmodic called Donnatal which I also find has been great with my D. I am on a extend tab one twice a day so it is always in my system and it helps with my D in the morning.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.