Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had and upper GI serries, nothing showed up. I get a lot of gas and bloating and the bloating and GAS feels like my belly is so full. I noticed it also increases my heart rate. I could not sleep on several ocassions. I have no pain , just an uncomfortable gas bloating. Belching and passing gas does not relieve this. If I get out of bed and walk around for awhile it sometimes gets better. I sometimes am constipated other times I have to rush to the toilet .. No pain , no blood nothing. DOes this sound like Irritable bowell? Thanks

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Yep it does and if they do all the tests and find nothing then that's what it is. Have you tried gas-x or something for the gas attacks? Gas is the absloute worst! I get pain when I go to the loo but you don't have to get pain. Alternating diarreah and costipation are also symptoms of IBS. Try cutting out foods like broccoli and beans and see if that helps the gas any. Welcome to the boards and I'm sure if you search around you will find something that helps you feel a little better although it is a big case of trial and error with supplements.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Your right the bloating Trapped Gas is really uncomfortable... They have done Sonograms of Liver and Gall Bladder no signs there... Sleepless nights when I get the trapped gas. I seem to have a real bad one after eating Ice Cream the other night,, I guess no more late night Ice Cream for me.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Great to have another Hendrix, in the group. Following helped me tremendously.I had problems with bloating,C&D,"growling stomach",pain on my left side, sleeplessness, irritability, fatigue, sick weak feeling. Resolved taking mega doses of:Aloe Vera Gel/AcidophilusStarting Slippery Elm Bark this weekAlso, exercise/diet.This is something we will have to live with in all probability for the rest of our lives.Feeling better than I have in years.Karma, had a great post on the IBS forum regarding brands of the aforementioned.Hope this helps,Bill

·
Registered
103 Posts
Bill, please could you explain what megadose means how many tablets of acidopholis and aloa vera tablets do you take each day before you got tthe results u were looking for do you take aloa vera tablets or liquid?Kim

·
Registered
222 Posts
Kim:Typically twice the recommend amounts, when i initally began taking the supplements. Of late have eased off because i am feeling much better.Previously was taking supplements purchased from GNC, changed on recommendation from Karma:Also keep refrigerated;Natures Way - Acidipholus/Slippery Elm-naturesway.comNow - nowfoods.comUse the- Aloe Gel, initially was using gel/juice i was a zombie.Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.