Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Newbie at 43

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  overitnow 
Hi Sandy,I am sorry to hear what you are experiencing. When I was about your age my bad digestion finally caved into this condition completely. In my case it was chronic and constant diarrhea with an eventual further deterioration into acid reflux and constant stomach pain. (There was also the discovery of a couple of presumed blockages in my cardiovascular system, adding a future heart attack to my general expectation of lung cancer.) Additionally, if you added a couple of beers a day with at least a history of heavy weekend drinking, you would have my past habits nailed. Now, this does not mean that something more serious cannot be happening; but there is hope. Obviously, from your list, you know what issues need to be addressed. Equally obviously, once your body starts to malfunction like this, you don't want to put this off and give those more serious problems opportunities to develop. Certainly, from my experience, the sooner you start down that path the sooner you will begin to stop further damage to yourself . Once that process begins, then recovery, not just symptom mediation, becomes possible. And just to be perfectly clear, it may well take some time to reverse the damage you have done. It took me 5 years just to stop smoking and another 5 years to find the combination of supplements which have made my last 11 years the blessing that they have become. Once you are clear with your diagnosis, find a psychologist, a naturopath or other more holistic therapist to accompany your doctor's care. They have all seen people like us before and they can help stiffen the will to get better. I went from almost housebound and trapped in my own despair to an active and happy 60s. This is possible. Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.