Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there
- this is my first post and I`m from Scotland. I am going for a colonoscopy on Wednesday and to say I am bricking it would be an understatement. Pretty sure the diagnosis will be IBS, but, this is to help rule out any other problems which could be more sinister. Had an upper GI a couple of years ago,but, I didnt have the symptoms then as I have now. Anyhow, very anxious about this but it has to be done. Does anyone else suffer with piles?. I have sort of learned to live with the IBS - it is the piles which cause me most discomfort and pain. My doc reckons these are not related to my other symptoms but I am sure they must be. Thanks a lot for any input folks. Cheers.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hi Bonusball, and welcome. How are things in Scotland? I hear it's a beautiful country. I have never had a colonoscopy though many people on the board have. I was diagnosed two years ago, based on symptoms only. I am pretty ok with this since symptoms have been close to the same over the past 4 years or so. Mine might be due to having several c-sections. The last one seems to have caused my symptoms to skyrocket. I get hemmeroids also, and these too are very common for us ibsers. What a pain on top of everything else. I know it's easier said then done, but try to relax about the colonoscopy. Most people find the prep to be the hardest part. You will get through it in any case. Promise yourself something fun for going through with it. Godspeed!

·
Registered
61 Posts
hi bonusball, welcome to this site, you will find it very helpfull. i do suffer with piles and i put cream on them. i get constipation, and somtimes my stools can be hard, i would say it is somthing to do with IBS.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hiya welcome to the forum.I'll be thinking of ya on Wednesday not pleasant but isn't too horrendous (having a smear is worse). Yeah I get piles too, think it's due to all the regular trips - ibs - d. Although am better on calcium which has cut my trots by half
There are a lot of folk with a lot of knowlege on here and people are very generous with their advise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi - just back from the hospital. I was dealt with quickly and efficiently. Had to have another upper GI as well as the colonoscopy which was quite painful. Anyhow, the good news is that they didn`t find anything untoward or sinister, so my mind is at rest. Still to get the results of the biopsies they took. My bowels/stomach are very sore just now but hopefully this will pass soon. Cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.