Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!I have spent countless hours researching parenting topics and seeking support, and I had a moment of DUH this morning as I sat here recovering from yet another sleepless night of puking and other unmentionable discomforts. Hello, support? Why yes, maybe it WOULD be a good idea for me to find some support for this....I'm a little slow sometimes.So, hi, my name is Sarah. I am 32, a mother of two, and last year I was diagnosed with IBS. This comes after years of gastrointestinal distress. My father has a "nervous stomach," as does my grandmother and as did my great-grandmother. So clearly there's some genetic component there. I missed the first day of kindergarten with an upset stomach. This has always been with me. But it really kicked it just before my 19th birthday. I spent 4 months puking and experiencing GI upset constantly. I missed a lot of school, lost a lot of weight. At that point, I was diagnosed with panic disorder. There is some anxiety there, but more than a decade later, with my lifestyle changed, my diet changed, my anxiety largely under control, several elimination diets done, I was still having uncontrollable GI issues and I couldn't figure out what was triggering it. Finally, finally, a friend mentioned the possibility of IBS and I did some research. Wow. Did I fit the profile. I took my concerns to my doctor, she eliminated concerns about IBD or Crohn's, and came back with IBS as well.I'm still struggling with diet, both finding foods that work for me and staying away from foods that I love, that don't love me. I am so excited to find a forum of people who are in the know. My doctor was able to give a diagnosis, but no real direction. I've been trying to find information on my own. This looks like an amazing resource.

·
Registered
976 Posts
This site has many members who all have great tips and help and advice, you should find something that helps you. What type of IBS do you have, ? is it constipation, pain or Diarrhoea. ? or a mixture of both. As there are different forum covering different topics

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both, with vomiting as well. It swings back and forth. All painful! Part of it is cycle-triggered, and I'm trying some new supplements and a prescription med for that. We're giving it three months and then I'm looking at some kind of -oscopy and testing. Whee, fun!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello there Emma! I'm a new member of this forum as well and looking for useful information about IBS. I am sorry you are going through this. I think this forum could help you a lot in terms of support group and emotional help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.