Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newbie and have suffered from IBS-D for about four years now. I just recently started seeking help (Stupid). I have tried Bentyl and Clidinium. Neither seem to help. I have tried taking them on a regular schedule and only as needed, it doesn't work either way. One thing I can say is that I should probably be a majority shareholder in Imodium by now. My question is that I am worried about possible long term effects of taking Imodium regularly, does anyone have any info on this. Also, has anyone heard of using the Amino Acid "L-Glutamine" regularly. I have read that it has tremendously helped a lot of people. Any info would be wonderful!!!!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I tried bentyl years ago and didn't have any luck with it. I have good results with Levsinex.My GI doc said he wasn't aware of any long term effects from immodium. Lots of folks on this BB use it regularly.I once read an article about L-glutamine, so I bought some and took it for two months. I saw no improvment. But everyones different and it may work for you.

·
Registered
461 Posts
My doctor said the same thing about Immodium. The only thing I can add; for me it isn't as effective as it used to be. I need to take a higher dosage now in order for it to work. You should check out Linda's posts on Calcium (a.k.a. LNAPE). Lots of people on the board have had lots of success with it. It worked for me the first the day. Right now I'm working with dosages of Calcium combined with my immodium (which at the moment is my crutch) I'm hoping that I can get rid of the Immodium all together and depend on the Calcium to live a somewhat IBS free life.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts