Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello.. this is the first time i post.. i'm 16 and, although i haven't been diagnosed (haven't been to a doctor. terrible fear of doctors/anything related to doctors), i have been reading a bit, and i think i've got IBS.. i don't take any medications or anything, for i know it's dangerous to do so without being sure what it is that's wrong.. anyhoo, for the past year i've suffered from gas and bloating, mainly, and it was good to find a place like this, with people who live through similar things.. hmm, this gassy stuff has really screwed up my living. i am terrified of going to school everyday; i'm embarrassed all the time. i am of a rather pessimistic and anti-social nature as it is.. now with the bloating and all of that, i'm far from keen to go out of my house at all; depression has worsened, and it's really just a hell to wake up everyday fearing being in closed spaces with other people and knowing that i can't escape school, and i'll have to be there, for hours, with my stomach upsetting me.. anyway, i dunno why i'm rambling.. well, that's it i guess. forgive my english, it's not my native language.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Hi balonik ,Welcome to the board. My heart goes out to you, having to go to school with this gas problem. Ever consider doing some of your schooling at home over the computer? I do understand how you feel about having to go out among people with the gas problem.There has been lots of things posted about gas and bloating on this forum so hope you find some help.There is also a forum for "Teens and childrens" You will find people your age there. Maybe they have more ideas.PS Your english sounds good to me. Never would have guessed it was not your native language.(((HUGS :love: )))))))Joyce

·
Registered
107 Posts
HI, LOVE THE NAME,,,,I EXPERIENCED THE SAME FEAR, EMBARRASEMENT WHEN I WAS IN SCHOOL. THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO IS CONFIDE IN PARENTS AND HOPEFULLY THREY ARE UNDERSTANDING.LOOK FOR ALTERNATIVES IN SHCOOLING, OR AS ONE YOUNG GIRL POSTED HERE, TELL YOUR TEACHERS YOU HAVE MEDICAL PROBLEM, WOULD LIKE TO SIT IN VERY BACK, AND BE ABLE TO BE EXCUSED WHEN NEEDED.SEE IF SOME WORK CAN BE DONE AT HOME, MOST IMPORTANTLY, SEE IF YOU CAN SEE AN UNDERSTANDING AND KNOWLEGABLE COUNSELOR, SOMEONE YOU CAN TALK TO ABOUT YOUR MEDICAL PROBLEM.**** People were not as informed about this disease when I was in school. I am very happy that it is a well known disease to many people now. ***AND REMEMBER ONE VERY IMPORTMANT THING****This disease is not the real you.. It is just an illness..And you can live with it,,with some major changes in lifestyle and thinking, and until they come up with cure, this is all we have. GOOD LUCK, Sue

1 - 3 of 3 Posts