Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.First off I would like to say that I have the greatest sympathy for all of the IBS-D sufferers. I thought I had it bad with the IBS-C. I've luckily never had any instances where I have gone anywhere other than a toilet but that is my greatest fear.I've had undiagnosed IBS-C for about 12 years. I say undiagnosed because I am also an emetephobe which means a fear of vomiting. In my area they will not do a colonoscopy without going under anaesthetic which causes a lot of people to vomit. I also cannot follow the diet they want you to follow beforehand as I don't eat fruits, most vegetables or bran etc.My Doctor understands all of this and believes my symptoms are IBS-C.My family doesn't understand this so I get very little support. I am 35 and single because most men don't want a woman that can't go anywhere. I spend most of my time at home alone with my cat and my TV so I know what it is like to be afraid to go anywhere. My parents are continuously bugging me about not being able to visit them giving me the "just get over it, it's all in your head." Funny how they expect me to understand why I should go to see them when they won't take the time to try and understand why I don't. They are well-off and retired so there is nothing stopping them from coming to see me.Anyway, guess I just wanted to vent. I have found this forum to be heartwarming with understanding, sympathy and empathy and I would just like to say thank you. I am glad I found this site....

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
HI and welcome. Yes I too have IBS-D. And it is the worst. Not knowing if you can make it to the bathroom or not. To be afraid to go out, After having a few accidents, I am perinoid it will happen again out and I have bad anxiety attacks. So yeah for me C would be great. But as they say, the grass always looks better on the other side of hte fence. I don;t know what they are going through.You will learn allot on these boards and meet allot of good, caring peeps, who know what you are going through.Take careKat

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hello, I hope that you find support and friendship here. This kind of illness can be very difficult for other people to understand but at least here everyone has been through it one way or the other.All the best.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi i am also newish at this board and at the whole IBS thing however i am slightly different to you in reponse i have IBS-D and a husband. However he is still trying to understand a lot of times i can't/won't go place as i am afraid of what will happen if i don't get to a loo in time
! It has been a steep learning curve as i have now chnged my whole diet and he has to live with it, basically eat what i cook or cook for yourself
! I'm lucky in response i don't have a job as such to contend with, working outside on the farm is better as if i get desperate (not happended yet - touch wood)i can hide behind a bush! That is the major for me, not being able to go out when i want as i used to and sit and have a coffee at a cafe and as kitkat17 said to have IBS-C would be a blessing in relation to IBS-D however grass always looks greener!
Hope you learn alot fom this site as i have!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts