Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to post a few question's that have probably been asked a thousand time's so in advance I'll say sorry for anyone who may get bugged by answering or seeing the same stuff posted over and over.I am just curious about other people's storie's that I can relate to.For me my D is mainly in the a.m. hour's 2,3 or 4 time's then subside's to mild to moderate abdomen and lower left quadrant pain/cramping.Of course after some lunch the pain and or cramping may step it up a notch or two,but rarely do I have to hit the head till the next morning.Does this routine sound familiar to anyone?I alway's make sure I don't eat too much at any one time to help keep discomfort to a minimum.My wife passed away 2 yr's ago at 42 and left me with 3 young kid's and of course that has given me quite a bit of stress and anxiety that surely doesn't help my gastro related symptom's.Also I have read the post's on Caltrate and it seem's to work to a degree for many and was wondering if it help's anyone with their meal's in helping to avoid stomach/bowel's problem's that come after eating.I would appreciate any info on this with those who have given it a shot.I kinda worry about taking too much calcium since I'm male and we usually don't need calcium supplement's.I used to get kidney stone's also and was wondering if Caltrate might be too much for my kidney's and form stone's again.Much thanx in advance to anyone who respond's.I would really like to hear your story,so I can relate my symptom's and trail's with other's.

· Registered
33,934 Posts
They did a study where they monitored normal people's colons 24/7.The colon is most active first thing in the morning.Next most active times are shortly after meals.So you pattern of problems seems to be consistant with that (the colon may be over-responding to these signals).Generally oxalate intake, esp. oxalate intake when you don't get enough calcium, that seems to be more of a problem for kidney stones than high calcium intake.K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

· Registered
5,421 Posts
Men do need to take calcium also expecially if you exercise a lot. The oxilates in food is what causes kidney stones and taking calcium helps to get rid of some of the oxilates so it helps to prevent stones.Here is the calcium info for you and you can print it out and refer to it if you need to. I am here if you have more question on the calcium just email me.LindaCheck your email for the calcium info

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.