Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,I'm new here and have learned a lot from reading your posts. I had my gall bladder out 7 years ago and have had diarrhea since. I read here about taking calcium and that has helped me. But I also have attacks in the nite that feel 100% like gall bladder attacks! They are on my right upper side with the pain going over to my middle and up my right shoulder blade. I can't sit, lie down, nothing helps at all. They last about 4 hours, and the pain is excruciating. I've seen a GI and have had an upper and lower GI, colonosocy, endoscopy, CT, ultrasound,etc and nothing shows up. I was just up all last nite with another attack and was wondering if anyone else has heard of this? Thanks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome Kelly - I don't know about the night time pain.. but I'm sure there are members on the board who may have similar symptoms. On the Irritable Bowel forum there are some postings about night time pain and diarrhea.Are you on any meds (anti spasmodics)? Do you have anything that helps you to sleep at night?

·
Registered
50 Posts
copy of ad removedThere is a difference between making objective recomendations and just blatently advertising. By you making such broad generalizations as "You will never need another product again" sounds like puffing, or sales to me. Please don't belittle real issues with your salesmanship.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Hi Kelly Ann
I still have my gallbladder but I do wake up a lot at night with terrible pain. I don't generally get shoulder pain but I do get attacks of pain under the ribs which eventually turn into belly pain. When it's under the ribs it makes me feel really nauseaus and there's no way I can sleep through it. Other times I just have lovely D attacks through the night and spend most of it in the loo
So you have my sympathy. I hope you find out what's causing it soon.

·
Administrator
961 Posts
Ads removed, both the original and when it was quoted by others.Schmin888 You may place ads in the Products, Services and Websites section of the bulletin board.Posting ads to other sections of the board violate the terms of service for this board. If you continue doing this your account will be deactivated. Link to terms of service agreement http://ibsgroup.org/eve/tosTo the rest of you. 1) Do not quote ads when replying to them, makes for more work to clean up.2) Do not try to handle the person violating the terms of service yourself, please use the alert button (the triange with the ! on it) This makes it more likely we will see the problem and handle it.Thank youThe Moderator Team.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.